Mercedes W202 C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cliff1992

Car
Mercedes W204 C220 CDI
Hi all,

I recently purchased a '98 W202 C43, got it through the MOT after a couple of years being SORN.

It needs much more than I anticipated, so is now becoming a labour of love. New wings, respray, wheel refurb and the rest!

The headlining is sagging, I thought a relatively simple and economical fix... It has the tuxedo two tone interior, with the very light grey/silver headlining and welded black edging. All of the upholsters I've spoken to said they don't do the weld as it's very expensive to do. I wondered if having it done black would devalue it? If I were keeping it, I'd personally have the black as it looks much better.

The car has 153,000 with part service history and only 4 owners. I was anticipating a £7,500 sale price at the end of this - Does this seem reasonable? They seem to be advertised at around £9,995 with no history whatsoever and selling for about £8,000 with work required?

Thanks,

D

Black leather will not devalue your c43

If it is pristine £7.5k should be fair but you may struggle, epic cars !!

I have owned them for decades, any questions fire away there are a few fans here.

Black leather will not devalue your c43

If it is pristine £7.5k should be fair but you may struggle, epic cars !!

I have owned them for decades, any questions fire away there are a few fans here.
Sorry, I meant the headlining being black?

Blimey, I may not have the work done then and just get out of it if that's the case!

Appreciate the help!

Try these guys for the lining -

Yours is not low miles and only has partial history so will never fetch top £.

Thanks! I would’ve thought only 6,500 miles a year was very good. I personally prefer higher mileage cars as they’ve been used as they should be. I appreciate the history, but it’s stamped to 100,000 I think and then maintained by the 3 owner who worked for Mercedes. We’ll have to see I suppose!

Out of interest, what's the spec, colour, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom