Mercedes W203 Facelift C-Class Gear Selector Module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz1

MB Enthusiast
Car
'08 C320 CDI Sport w/ Advcd. Agility Package
Hi All,

Hope you are all good!

I've just removed the gear selector unit from my 2006 C220 CDI as I have the classic gear stuck in 1st and doesn't change back to P, R or N unless I shut the engine, take the key out and restart.

But, the selector module is apparently sealed as I cant find any screws to release the yellow/beige plastic cover off the unit so I can access the the electronic module to see for any cracks in the solders and also clean the circuit board with Electrical contact spray.

Can anyone suggest if it is possible to remove the sealed plastic housing? I was thinking of using a heat gun to melt the glue and hopefully it would come off?

The part number on my unit is A 2032678524 (Q2)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have replaced mine not long time ago , my car is also 2006 , I didn't pay attention to the module cover wether its screwed one or what.

This video shows the guy undoing the cover screws , However this is from a 2002 model
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If no screws then its glued one , heat one corner and see if it opens

I have replaced mine not long time ago , my car is also 2006 , I didn't pay attention to the module cover wether its screwed one or what.

This video shows the guy undoing the cover screws , However this is from a 2002 model
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If no screws then its glued one , heat one corner and see if it opens

Hi,

Apologies for late reply and thanks for your info.

Yes I did look at this video.

I did manage to heat up the glue, open the case and then remove the electronic module, give it a clean with contact electrical spray and all was good until today, when the problem appeared again in the morning! I couldn't find any cracks in the solders so gave it the clean basically.

I have had no other choice but to order a refurbished part off eBay from Germany for £170 - Not bad deal as a normal used one is around £140 and MB stealers charge £500 for new unit.

170 isnt too bad.
ECU testing charge around 180 quid to refurbish your existing selector module...
]

Had the exact same experience w203 c220 coupe.

Question is, do I...
  • Replace second part module from the local garage, 3 month warranty, £290
  • Find one myself for cheaper, no warranty, £??
  • Repair original with ECUTesting, lifetime warranty, £180 + P&P

All the above exclude any labour costs.

Any advice or anyone gone through the same experience?

I would repair the original, with warranty. Assuming you are OK with the car being laid-up while the part is at the workshop.

Reactions: FCT
I would repair the original, with warranty. Assuming you are OK with the car being laid-up while the part is at the workshop.
Thanks mate, I was leaning that way too. Just wondered if anyone has gone through this experience with ECUtesting

Well ECU are good at what they do,they are the people to use.

Reactions: FCT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom