Mercedes W204 220cdi parking/service brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wat17

Car
220cdti Blue Efficiency AMG Sport
W204 220cdi blue efficiency Parking Brake spring required. Marked with arrow on photo.
Dropped when putting back on as was detached and believe it went under the footwell carpet
and sound deadening.

Have tried Mercedes dealer and confirmed not listed as a separate part.

Any suggestions please.

Attachments

• DA726B9D-4E3E-44CD-97BE-A1E8868F23E2.jpeg
    DA726B9D-4E3E-44CD-97BE-A1E8868F23E2.jpeg
    879.9 KB · Views: 19
You gotta love merc dealers, They will try to sell you only the complete unit.. Had a similar thing when I damaged a battery connector, Merc would only sell me a complete wiring loom for £2K!! for a 99p part I had accidently broken. I went to my local merc indy and they managed to source one for me.

I would keep searching, Have you tried a breakers yard I would think that's the best next step. they might sell you the compete but but for a much more reasonable price.

or maybe make a cheeky offer on this?

Surely if it is under the carpet/soundproofing it cannot be difficult to locate?

Surely if it is under the carpet/soundproofing it cannot be difficult to locate?
Rather than pull drivers carpet and foam sound deadening up thought it would be easier and not as time consuming to try and locate replacement spring.

You gotta love merc dealers, They will try to sell you only the complete unit.. Had a similar thing when I damaged a battery connector, Merc would only sell me a complete wiring loom for £2K!! for a 99p part I had accidently broken. I went to my local merc indy and they managed to source one for me.

I would keep searching, Have you tried a breakers yard I would think that's the best next step. they might sell you the compete but but for a much more reasonable price.

or maybe make a cheeky offer on this?

Thanks for info have managed to find a spring in an assorted Box of 200 from Amazon, although it’s not really strong enough. However do have 199 springs left if any one is in need of one.

As you suggest it will worth a visit my local Mercedes Indy.

Just in case any members in the future may find of use, Found Part no. A2029932010 listed as parking brake pedal tension return spring will do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom