Mercedes w204 boot misaligned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kristianbrownn

Car
w204
So basically I moved house and filled my car up with a few bits, then after I moved I had noticed that the boot lid is not straight anymore! It sits up at one side more than the other :confused: I'm pretty sure that was the cause but iv looked at everything and nothing seems to be bent or damaged either? Has anyone got any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

What's the point of uploading a photo of just one side? It would be wiser to show both sides and therefore enable a comparison to be made. Rear view shots would demonstrate this better than aerial ones I imagine.

Well looking at the pic it is clearly sitting up and out of line. Not familiar with the model but I would have a look at the hinge mech on that side to check for loose nuts/fittings and if possible try and tighten using the opposite side hinge as a guide.

I have checked a nuts bolts springs etc nothing looks wrong to me.. Trip to the body shop might be the only option :(

On the estates the adjustments are made by moving the lock mechanism on the floor. You may want to look at your lock see if that is all OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom