Mercedes w204 c class 1.8 kompresser boost pressure regulation incorrect flow intermitent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fisher72

Car
c class amg sport
over the last couple of days thought i was losing the plot auto gearbox sticking in gear car not revving
so googled the gear problem and it says its limp home mode car wont go over 70 so definitely in limp mode but there is no eml light on so scanned it with Delphi and come up with the boost pressure code p2263
theirs a deep throaty burring sound coming from under the bonnet that was definitely not there before any advice would be much appreciated
thanks Paul

Sound like a boot pressure leak. Check the hoses from the turbo outlet through to intercooler to the inlet manifold.

I would get it on a Star (Xentry) and see what the guided test for that code is.

i have changed a few thinks on the engine this week
egr valve
spark plugs
febi air flow meter
egr control solenoid
and the fault code has changed to
flow rate secondary air system bank one to low intermittent
any ideas i am just having a go whilst the garage open thanks Paul

That’s what I have too, well autocom but there the same, try find someone with star and see what it reports, code details can vary, best of luck

Not sure if your car has a secondary air system? Plus to hop from a boost code to an emissions code is unusual, I also have an M271

Think mine uses the super charger as an air pump I've removed the air box and checked the hoses from the throttle body to the egr valve the one way valve on the egr solenoid seems to be working right will check all the hoses again for air leaks

Get a mate and look at live data, boost ect, intermittent codes are a pain unfortunately, there is the complete m271 thread, and there’s a fault code thread too, I’m sure the answer is there somewhere,

Get a mate and look at live data, boost ect, intermittent codes are a pain unfortunately, there is the complete m271 thread, and there’s a fault code thread too, I’m sure the answer is there somewhere,
Will do pal

I’d personally not get too focused on the code seen as it only showed after and is specific, secondary is the key, car should run fine without it

I might be wrong, if the code is referring to the egr which it might, disable ithe way it works and see does the code become permanent, worth a shot

Cars losing power using fuel and going into limp mode you hear the engine tone change once its warmed it sounds like it has an induction kit on it
it ticks over nice and level about 800 rpm
It's been running fine and then with no warning this problem starts
Thank

I might be wrong, if the code is referring to the egr which it might, disable ithe way it works and see does the code become permanent, worth a shot
I tried disconnecting the hose that works the diaphragm on the egr valve and didn't make no difference

The cats rattling so on it's way out would this cause my issues thanks paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom