Mercedes w205 led headlight problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mcfc

Car
Mercedes c220
Need some help club members
I have a Mercedes w205 c220 amg line
Few months back I returned to my car to see it's been hit front end in a street whilst parked up. Ok I know insurance springs to mind but I chose not to and repair damage myself
Parts that were damaged front number, driver side headlight and wing.
Got the car repaired and now the new headlight I purchased only half works.
When I say half works I mean day time light works, so does indicator however dipped beam doesn't and neither does full beam.
Took the car to Mercedes and played dumb to say headlight doesn't work fix it.
Few days later local MB dealer rings me to say car is not covered under warranty as it's been hit. Ok understandable but it wasn't my fault in the first place. After fighting my case they agreed to repair car under 'gesture of goodwill'. Fast forward 1 month I'm without a car so I decided to ring the dealer to find why it's taking too long and to enquiry if I qualify for a courtesy carthats ehen they seemed to have a big issue and said we won't repair car anymore and they wanted payment for 15 hours of work carried out on the car.
What the earth I was thinking. So I stated I only enquired about a courtesy car which I will take back my comment and carry on working on the car. Fast forward 2 weeks and MB rang to say they can't carry out any further work on the car as they can't find the problem as they have tried a brand new headlight and tried to code it but the same issues happen where dipped and main beam don't work.
Picked up the car today and now the same issue has happened to passengers side headlight aswell. Which was fully working before handing the car to MBDealer.
Can anyone help me out as the headlight is new and has been tried to be coded without any success. Can anyone suggest anything that I have missed or MB have missed

Take it to an indie and get the codes read.

How much have you saved by not going through your insurer?

A big, fat... DOH!

What was you thinking, I know you've asked yourself that but I find myself asking same question

Alfie/Rich on here may be able to sort it or know the problem, much better than the monkeys at Mercedes

Sorry to bring a old post up but did you ever fix this ? What was the fix did you get Mercedes to fit 2 new headlights or ?

Need some help club members
I have a Mercedes w205 c220 amg line
Few months back I returned to my car to see it's been hit front end in a street whilst parked up. Ok I know insurance springs to mind but I chose not to and repair damage myself
Parts that were damaged front number, driver side headlight and wing.
Got the car repaired and now the new headlight I purchased only half works.
When I say half works I mean day time light works, so does indicator however dipped beam doesn't and neither does full beam.
Took the car to Mercedes and played dumb to say headlight doesn't work fix it.
Few days later local MB dealer rings me to say car is not covered under warranty as it's been hit. Ok understandable but it wasn't my fault in the first place. After fighting my case they agreed to repair car under 'gesture of goodwill'. Fast forward 1 month I'm without a car so I decided to ring the dealer to find why it's taking too long and to enquiry if I qualify for a courtesy carthats ehen they seemed to have a big issue and said we won't repair car anymore and they wanted payment for 15 hours of work carried out on the car.
What the earth I was thinking. So I stated I only enquired about a courtesy car which I will take back my comment and carry on working on the car. Fast forward 2 weeks and MB rang to say they can't carry out any further work on the car as they can't find the problem as they have tried a brand new headlight and tried to code it but the same issues happen where dipped and main beam don't work.
Picked up the car today and now the same issue has happened to passengers side headlight aswell. Which was fully working before handing the car to MBDealer.
Can anyone help me out as the headlight is new and has been tried to be coded without any success. Can anyone suggest anything that I have missed or MB have missed
Hi. How did you finally fix this fault bro.Seems my car may be having same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom