mercedes w210 camper adjusters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peteubhi

Car
E270 CDi W211
Hi i drive an 2000 E240 with original 18" AMG alloys.
recently i have had the front wheels alligned and was told that the camper (i think thats what they are called) bolts needed replacing so they can be adjusted, however my mechanic has told me that there are no adjuster bolts on the front of my car only the rear. The tire on the drivers side is getting worn on the inside, i have checked the tire pressure and that is correct....dont know what to do....any one????? please :mad::mad:

Welcome.

The word is Camber.

The mechanic is correct re: the front. But you can obtain offset camber bolts to allow adjustment.

BUT...it may be that the rubber bushes are worn and maybe if they were replaced that would cure your problem.

thanks for the speedy reply renault12ts.....
which rubber bushes would i need replacing?

thanks for the speedy reply renault12ts.....
which rubber bushes would i need replacing?

The ones at the inner end of the lower control arm. The ones through which the bolts go...maybe. Get him to check for play.

Thanks for the info, very helpful

Pete

I agree.
I've just had to replace mine for the same fault with the same symptoms.
If you do replace the lower suspension arm bushes (Check both sides !!), then it would be wise to have a full 4-wheel alignment.
But there is no point in spending your money on that until you are sure that all the joints that affect the steering and suspension geometry are sound.

Thanks johnsco for the reply... Will see if I can do it myself if not get my mechanic to sort it

Recently had both "camber" and "castor" bushes replaced (front and rear of wishbone), along with the lower swivel joint and upper arm bush, both sides. It tightened everything up very noticeably.

So do not replace the bolts (with offset ones) until you have had the bushes done.
If you have a garage do it then they should replace the bolts (ordinary ones) with the bushes. It will be a pig to do yourself without a lift. Btw the parts are actually quite cheap.

Cheers jefrs, you don't know how much I appreciate all the information, I just hope it is the bushes and not have to replace the bolts. Just one more questions does the arm have upper bushes as well as lower, if so is it best to replace both?

The lower wishbone (actually the only wishbone) has two bushes, the upper control arm also has a similar bush and bolt on its inboard end. Easy to see everything with a wheel off.

The other rubbery bits are on the drop links and anti roll bar.

the mechanic took off both front wheels and the drivers side is the only one that has wear on the inside of the tyre... shall i just get one side changed or is it advisable to do both??

how can i upload an photo album and how do i post a new thread?? i know i have posted two but for the love of god i just cane remember...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom