Mercedes w210 instrument cluster repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uk174

Car
,190cosworth,420 sl,
Have tried to repair my pixels in my mercedes w210 e class today.Prior to attemted repair my centre lcd display showing miles,speed,etc was lit up and working whilst the two on either side of this showing the temp and gear position were lit up but not working correctly.Upon closer examination can see that both ribbons for displays have come away and need changing.
However when i reassembled everything and put back in I can see that the centre LCD display is working but not illuminated.
Am i correct that the bulbs have gone and need replacing,if so a) how did the bulbs blow when i never touched them and b) which bulbs exactly do i need to replace seeing as that from the back of the cluster i can see two brown backed and two green backed bulbs in the corresponding position.The brown backed ones are with red glass and the green ones are clear.

think you should have posted this thread under electronics - could be wrong - always am according to she who must be obeyed!!

It is the green cap bulbs you need to replace and your problem should be solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom