mercedes w211 e200k facelift a lot of problems, need star diagnose :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andreytia

Car
Mercedes e200 Kompressor 2006 Avantgarde
hello to everybody. I am a new owner of a Mercedes e200 kompressor 2006, facelift model. i`ve just bought the car 2 weeks ago and this is my first Mercedes I must say. First of all, I am interested where can I have a proper diagnose? (STAR if possible). I live near Oban (Highlands) but I am willing to travel some miles to get a proper diagnose and maybe even fix some other problems. From what I`ve seen, my car doesn`t have a thermostat, and I will put one tomorrow at the local garage. These mechanics are pretty ok, but just for easy jobs that`s why I am looking for someone who really knows Mercedes. Second of that, I`ve got an LPG installation which doesn`t seem to work properly, although was serviced in December. More exactly, after the LPG is on, I can drive the car for about 10 miles and then loses it`s power and car starts vibrating, shaking a lot. I must stop the engine and start again to fix problem. Third of all, air conditioning it`s not working but I hope I just need to refill it with freon, I hope it`s not something worse. Until now, that small hose from the water tank was leaking water, in 1 week i had to fill with water 3 times. That`s fixed now, anyway. 2 days ago I just realized that car won`t pull anymore, it`s very hard to reach 2000RPM, doesn`t matter which gear. And starts ,,choking,, after 2000, I hope you understand what I mean. I really don`t know these terms around here and I feel really sorry for that. So any suggestions or advice where to go with the car? Thank you all, hope to get a fast response.

Last edited:
Did you buy this from a trader or privately? Surely the test drive would have showed the vibrating fault? Looks like someone has sold you a lemon!

Not sure who was STAR up there but if you do get any codes read put them up here, members may be able to help you.

Your car is going into limp mode, the diag should help tell why

I bought the car from a trader, and that was 400 miles away from home. On the road back, was quite ok the car, except the heating wasn`t working and those vibrations were just when I tried to run on LPG. But i switched it back to petrol and everything was ok. I didn`t know at that time that I didn`t have a thermostat or that it was leaking water. And the latest problem, with the vibrations over 2000rpm and the ,,leak of power,, happened just 2 ago, suddenly, when I took the car to the local garage for fixing the thermostat. Tomorrow I`m gettin it back, hopefully will be ok, although I doubt that. And yes, I know I got tricked by the dealer but **** happens, I`m not so good about car or mechanics unfortunately.

Call trader up and if he refuses to take car back call up trading standards. He'll soon realize the **** he's in.

^^ As above

The vehicle is full of faults and should not have been sold in it's condition

Keep a diary/record of all contact you have made with them. Maybe speak to Citizens Advice before just so you are clear what your rights are. As its a trader, you will have the law on your side.

the bad news is that the car was sold ,,as seen,, and somebody told me that I can`t do anything about it. I fixed the thermostat problem, and the leaking water. Just got my car back from the local mechanic, and he told me that that the intercooler pipe blows off when I`m going over 2000-2500 rpm. So that would be the only problem unfixed, and that`s also the cause for leaking power for the car. He doesn`t know why or how to fix it, so I made an appointment for Mercedes in Glasgow for Friday, because I am off only Thursday and Friday this week. I need to drive really slow to get there, since it`s a 3 hours long road for me. Anyone knows maybe another service specialized in Mercedes or that could fix this problem? Would be great to be as close as possible to me, but not necessary.

If you are going as far as Glasgow, there are MB Indys there who have Star and whose labour rates are less than half those of MB.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom