Mercedes W211 E55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archierust202

Car
2002 clk430
2004 E55 AMG in black advertised as the best you will see in immaculate condition with only 25000 Miles.

What it doesn't say in the advert is that it is a Japanese Import judging by the number plates so the Comand unit will be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

All the centre caps are missing from the alloys too which looks a bit careless to me and the mot expired on 14th September 2018.

Here's the advert Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Automatic immaculate condition | eBay

The front number plate is relatively easy to rectify, new mounting plinth and plate. The rear less so as the boot lid has a smaller recess than the standard UK one so would require changing. Typically done this way for the Japanese market, along with a kph speedo which would confirm your import theory.

Looks a pretty base spec as well with no keyless-go or cooling seats. Also agree about the centre caps, for the sake of a tenner this should be resolved by the seller.

I'm also not convinced by the mileage and would want to see some good documentary evidence before parting with my hard earned...

Importers will frequently remove any small/easily removable items prior to shipping and send them separately, to prevent some light fingered dock worker from doing the same. Quite possible the retailer has them and just forgot to reattach for the photos, or they got lost etc.

It does say at the foot of the advert that the trader is a Japanese car importer.
I'd need to see the Comand working properly and changing that speedo face to mph won't be cheap.

Possibly a bargain considering the low mileage, which I'd also want evidence of.
100k+ mile cars are fetching similar money but this one can't have been used for a long time considering the expired MOT date.
And my OCD wouldn't like those exhaust tips:D

Usually low mileage Japanese cars have been well cared for, but that interior looks pretty tired to me and wouldn't suggest a 25K miler. May just need a bit of love, but not well presented at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom