mercedes w211 subwoofer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amjad mahmood

Car
mercedes w211 2.7 cdi
Hi all,
I want to install a standard Merecedes subwoofer into the parcel shelf, the space is there for it to slot in, what i am not sure about is....is the wiring for the subwoofer hidden in the parcel shelf, if not how do i go about to connecting one up.
Thanks.

Thanks for the info, my first intentions was to go for a after market 1 but wasn't sure.

I don't think you gain anything using Merc stuff - Merc don't make audio anyway and the HK sub has never really been rated by many.

Read that whole thread - I started with a Pioneer sub in a box but went for what you are wanting to do in the end.

It works well now it has bedded in.

subwoofer

Hi,
how did you connect the amp up.
thanks

I don't think you gain anything using Merc stuff - Merc don't make audio anyway and the HK sub has never really been rated by many.

Read that whole thread - I started with a Pioneer sub in a box but went for what you are wanting to do in the end.

It works well now it has bedded in.

Look at post #31 in that thread - there is a wiring diagram link.

I cut into the loom having traced it from the AGW unit on the left hand side behind the trim.

I'd only recommend doing this if you know what wires are what and are comfortable with cutting into loom and crimping on connectors or soldering. I used to do my own installs many moons ago so I have some experience doing it.

I used bullets and crimped source wires singularly and then both the standard destinations (to the door speakers) and the new sub woofer high level input wires together so even if you disconnect the sub, everything works as it did before.

I deliberately bought a mainstream manufacturer (Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, Kicker etc.) but the cheapest 10" I could find, and similarly with the amp, as I can't be ****d to strip it out so I will just leave it in the car when I sell it. If I'd used expensive stuff, like I once did, I'd feel the need to return it to stock and flog it separately, or re-use it which is what I often did.

hi, do you know the colours for the speaker wires. need to connect the RCA converter,
cheers

Do you have cassette player, Audio 50, Comand or CD player in your car?

Connecting the woofer to a CD Player will be more complicated than the others as it won't have a connection and you'll have to splice the output at speaker level and add a crossover.

There is a spare output in an AGW for Subwoofer though - not sure if they are all enabled / wired up internally as there are so many part numbers for the AGW, but worth a shot first.

My E500 had a sub (with Comand). Didn't even know it was there until I happened to spot it one day - shows how effective it was!

I installed a sub (along with amps / speakers etc) in my E270 using a spliced line level signal with an Audio Control LC5. Was better than the standard set up but not fantastic - the lack of a Line Level output makes it difficult to get good quality upgrades without dumping the factory head unit.

Probably a bit after the event now, but I had an Alpine amp installed in my 211 estate, and I can't believe what a difference it has made. The bass that comes through the standard speakers has really surprised me, to the extent that although I bought a 5 channel amp, I don't feel the need for a sub. More info here

hi, i have the comand audio system fitted.

Do you have cassette player, Audio 50, Comand or CD player in your car?

Connecting the woofer to a CD Player will be more complicated than the others as it won't have a connection and you'll have to splice the output at speaker level and add a crossover.

There is a spare output in an AGW for Subwoofer though - not sure if they are all enabled / wired up internally as there are so many part numbers for the AGW, but worth a shot first.

My E500 had a sub (with Comand). Didn't even know it was there until I happened to spot it one day - shows how effective it was!

I installed a sub (along with amps / speakers etc) in my E270 using a spliced line level signal with an Audio Control LC5. Was better than the standard set up but not fantastic - the lack of a Line Level output makes it difficult to get good quality upgrades without dumping the factory head unit.

i have the comand system in my mercedes

Hopefully, you'll have two spare holes in the AGW - should be the last two on the right IIRC. One for positive, one for neg. Give it a shot - it'll either work or not be connected!

Hi All, i have a sub woofer question i hope someone could help me with. I have a 2003 E270 cdi and today i successfully removed the factory fitted sub woofer in the rear parcel shelf... (my god, what a kerfuffle)...and replaced it with a new 400w kenwood i've had in the cupboard for the last 10yrs, (i know its old, but its a damn sight better than the crappy one i removed, which was farting i may add). Anyway, the original sub had 2 coils, with 2 cables +/- going to each coil. My ''new'' sub has just +/- spade connection. i wasnt sure what cables i should use to connect new sub. In the end i used the + that went to one coil, and the - that went to the other coil on the factory sub. Should i connect the two - and two + together then connect them to my +/- sub ?? is this bridging? (i'm crap at all this). I also noticed it didnt sound very loud, is this because the amp isnt good enough?. Any info would be great, thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom