Mercedes w211 weird issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fayiz

Car
e320 cdi
Hey guys, I was hoping that someone could shed some light upon this, noticed some super weird issues recently, I'm guessing perhaps no one would have experienced such stuff, but yeah,

The issues are related to the footbrake and the brake pedal, upon applying the footbrake, the front wipers go off? And I get the SRS defective, visit workshop message on the dash, I noticed though, this only happens when a certain amount of pressure is applied on the pedal & driver seat, (nothing abnormal though) something definitely isn't right, and a similar case with the brake pedal, but the centre console and the dash flash bright and I get the display faulty visit workshop error on the dash, does anyone know what this could be?

Could it be something pretty costly?

Possibly the switch under the pedal if its sbc system brakes.

Possibly the switch under the pedal if its sbc system brakes.
Are you referring to the brake light switch? if so, this had been replaced a few months ago, but still, is there any way of checking if this is the culprit? I just find it really weird how operating the footbrake makes the front wipers go off...

Please post in correct section. Moving
Sorry, and thanks!

Sorry, I believe I made an error in the topic! The errors seem to be linked to how much pressure is applied to the driver seat when engaging the foot brake, not the actual brake pedal... the issues being caused are all linked to engaging the footbrake and the pressure being applied to the seat...

And ofc the wipers which are going off during the error process...

Any ideas?

I have noticed recently, on my S211, that if I get out of the car (engine running, heavy rain, wipers running continuously on auto setting) - the wipers will stop. That would suggest there is a driver's seat occupancy sensor that stops certain car functions if the car does not detect a driver presence. Perhaps your driver's seat occupancy sensor is faulty? I imagine this would trigger airbag warnings too if the car cannot reliably determine if a driver is present.

Martin.

I have noticed recently, on my S211, that if I get out of the car (engine running, heavy rain, wipers running continuously on auto setting) - the wipers will stop. That would suggest there is a driver's seat occupancy sensor that stops certain car functions if the car does not detect a driver presence. Perhaps your driver's seat occupancy sensor is faulty? I imagine this would trigger airbag warnings too if the car cannot reliably determine if a driver is present.

Martin.
I think I read about this feature in the manual. Your wipers will stop if you open the door, so that you don’t get sprayed. The wipers will work again once you return and engage ‘D’ or press the stalk to activate them.

Martin.

Possibly... Might be related since I have the easy entry option enabled in the dash where the steering wheel and seat move, and there were times when the seat wouldn't move, but the steering wheel would... might be related to some kind of sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom