Mercedes w222 software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickyj1985

Car
Mercedes S350L AMG & Mercedes Vito 119 LWB
Hi people this might be a stupid question but is it possible to upgrade the command graphics in the current s class to that of the facelift version? (Like the new eclass)? Would there be a software update or is it not possible?

Hi people this might be a stupid question but is it possible to upgrade the command graphics in the current s class to that of the facelift version? (Like the new eclass)? Would there be a software update or is it not possible?
What NTG version do you have already? I've a newish 2017 S350d and is got 5*2. Although it didn't tell me explicitly, there is useful precise configuration data in the engineering (service) menu accessible via the rotary dial - hold left when in Settings.

Also worth giving a dealer or customer service a call as they'd likely be doing such an upgrade for you, if it were possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

gr1nch said:
What NTG version do you have already? I've a newish 2017 S350d and is got 5*2. Although it didn't tell me explicitly, there is useful precise configuration data in the engineering (service) menu accessible via the rotary dial - hold left when in Settings. Also worth giving a dealer or customer service a call as they'd likely be doing such an upgrade for you, if it were possible. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus * Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply mine is showing as comand aps ntg5/ntg5.5 after doing a vin check. So are your displays like that on the new eclass?

It's probably different because iirc the 2017 E-Clas (W213 sedan) has Android Auto whereas mine doesn't. I did take a new E class out for a test drive back in Oct and my S350d seemed the same and very modern and slick.
Can you get yourself to a main dealer and look at both new car displays close up, to be sure?
I'd be interested to know whether the W222 has an upgrade to Android Auto and better maps integration, such as send route or destination to car from Mercedes Me and/or Here apps, since Google Maps and Mercedes send-to-car isn't coming back anytime soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

The early NTG Audio 20 build between 2015 and 2016 are the same as the newer NTG Audi 20 units that already have CarPlay Android auto enabled.
The only difference is that the sofware installed in the older units does not have CarPlay and Android Auto enabled.
Mercedes-Benz dealers can perform a firmware upgrade and enable CarPlay and Android Auto as well. This procedure typically takes about one to two hours and requires Star Diagnostic scanner.

If you would like to do it yourself, you will have to purchase a simple module that plugs into the OBD2 port and activates the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Get a quote from the dealer and decide which route you want to go. If the dealer quote is too expensive it may make sense to go with this DIY solution. Also, note that this procedure may void your car warranty.

In case the link I put on here does not work, search
mercedesmedic unlock-activate command-ntg5

This does not work on a 2016 S Class W222.... If you want car play on a 2016 model, you need to retro fit it. I did this to mine... bit of a job, but works well. You cannot upgrade the dashboard graphics either according to my mate who works at MB Bolton... the systems are completely different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom