Mercedes W245 B200 Turbo Power Steering Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roheel

Hi Gents, 1st things 1st, a very Happy New to you all!!

Im having an intermittent issue with the B200. Sometimes when idle the power steering seems to make a very strange grinding rattling noise. Sometimes you can see the steering wheel on its own slightly. Now as its intermittent i took it to the dealer and sods law it didnt do it. So now i drive home and guess what it does it.

Any ideas what it can be? Got an indie to star the car and no error codes appeared apart from a few that seemed old. He cleared them and nothing came back.

While driving the steering does feel a bit vague hence why I think its the steering rack. If it is the dealer wants best part of £2000 just for parts as its an electric rack and motor system.

If it helps the event that were stored was: one or more messages from the control unit N47-5 (ESP and BAS control module) are not available on the CAN bus.

Any suggestions?

As the problem appears to be intermittent, I would not think it would be a dodgy rack, I would think it would be there all the time. Have you checked the fluids? It may even be time for a fluid change?

its electric power steering on the W245's so no fluid.

its electric power steering on the W245's so no fluid.

I must look under the bonnet of mine more often :D

Hi roheel. I know this is an old thread, but your steering issue seems to be the same as mine. What was your resolution in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom