Mercedes warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

63GW

Car
Sls amg
Hi I have a Mercedes sls amg, I haven’t used it for a few months I tried to start it and it wouldn’t turn over. I changed the battery but it still doesn’t turn over, it’s only for 2-3 thousand miles since it’s last service but it was last serviced over 2 years ago, can anybody please help me will I still be covered by Mercedes mobile life or breakdown cover as it’s been so long since my last service
Many thanks Carl

Hi I have a Mercedes sls amg, I haven’t used it for a few months I tried to start it and it wouldn’t turn over. I changed the battery but it still doesn’t turn over, it’s only for 2-3 thousand miles since it’s last service but it was last serviced over 2 years ago, can anybody please help me will I still be covered by Mercedes mobile life or breakdown cover as it’s been so long since my last service
Many thanks Carl
Carl, sorry to hear that, although your Mobilocover will have expired. It will be renewed when you get it serviced again by a main dealer. Good luck sorting it.

How old is the car?

worth a call to mobilo anyway I would say.

I wouldn't have the cheek to call Mobilo, especially when I know it is only valid for one year.
Get it recovered to Mercedes, or call them out as a breakdown job, maybe something simple once they have plugged the laptop in.
Calling them out could be cheaper and quicker than getting it recovered.

I wouldn't have the cheek to call Mobilo, especially when I know it is only valid for one year.
Get it recovered to Mercedes, or call them out as a breakdown job, maybe something simple once they have plugged the laptop in.
Calling them out could be cheaper and quicker than getting it recovered.

I did and they came out no problem when I had my w204.

They recovered the car to the dealer but made me aware that if I didn’t go ahead with the repair at the dealership i would be responsible for the cost of recovery and the hire car they provided.

Fair enough.

I also received some goodwill from MB towards the repair cost so it was a win win.

The Mobilo cover lasts until the next service becomes overdue. Our CLK sometimes gets close to 2 years before the computer says its due but the SLK never gets much beyond 12 months. Certainly worth a call if no service reminder message is visible

Its just a phone call, what do you have to lose. Worst case scenario is they say no, I doubt they will recover the car to a local independant garage but I can see them agreeing to recovery to an MB dealer as its in their favour if they get the job from it.

Have you tried another keyfob or new battery/s in the one you have? One of the things good dealers do is renew your keyfob batteries at a service. Not sure what drive activation system the SLS uses - active or passive? When chosing an MB dealer it might be wise to go to official Mercedes dealership with an AMG Performance Centre?

see
Mercedes SLS Owners Manual Archive - MercSections

Last edited:
As above. I presume it's keyless go and it's not unknown for the key fob batteries to discharge even if not used, and sometimes fairly quickly, due to the key continually trying to talk' to the car. Later 'keys' had an option to disable it / switch key off it it wasn't going to be used for a while but I suspect the SLS is too old for that.

Other than that, presumably nothing as simple as gear position or foot not on footbrake etc, or whatever other procedure the car might insist on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom