Mercedes Watford or MK - bodyshop repair experiences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

Following a recent accident i'm trying to get quotes for repair on my W211, Watford have said they can pickup the car and provide a estimate.

Has anyone ever used them for accident damage repair? i've been having a look and cannot see if they have their own body shop onsite or if they sub it out to someone else.

MB of Milton Keynes have their own bodyshop but i'd have to arrange recovery their myself as the car is not driveable, Watford arrange everything themselves which is convenient but feedback on other areas of their work is a bit of a concern...

why are you looking at MK is that where you bought it from? Are you able to take the car to North London N12

MB Watford advised they pass their bodyshop work onto Brentford, after reading some of the stuff on the forums about Brentford I may give them a miss and try Synter MB of MK bodyshop instead.

Yep Mobilo have agreed to do this, hopefully the bodyshop at Sytner Milton Keynes is decent, also a bit concerned the quote will be high and car will get written off :(

I would avoid MB Watford unless they have greatly improved since my involvement with them. Absolutly shocking standards of work!

Close to MK our MB here in Northampton has its own body shop, might be another option

The reason I asked about North London I know a guy who is amazing at bodywork he does all types of cars, did my dads car, amazing!! let me know if you want his number

Don't MB Milton Keynes send them to Bedford?

If a 211 has been damaged to the point of being undrivable it's pretty much going to be written off.

Perhaps better to have a local bodyshop come around to give you an estimate?

It's not like MB bodyshops are anything special.

I called Mobilo and they took it to TCW (Tonbridge Coachworks?) in MK, I didnt really have a choice as that was nearest MB approved bodyshop, wanted it to go to MB approved bodyshop so I know the repairs are done to a standard and car is safe.

But yeah sounds like car will be written off, gutted as had it less then a year and its still got MB approved used warranty, will probably get much less then I paid for it too so will lose out a lot.

Last edited:
Don't MB Milton Keynes send them to Bedford?

If a 211 has been damaged to the point of being undrivable it's pretty much going to be written off.

Perhaps better to have a local bodyshop come around to give you an estimate?

It's not like MB bodyshops are anything special.

I'm sure MB MK were using the local Ford bodyshop at one stage as they deffo didn't have their own.

derektrotter said:
I called Mobilo and they took it to TCW (Tonbridge Coachworks?) in MK, I didnt really have a choice as that was nearest MB approved bodyshop, wanted it to go to MB approved bodyshop so I know the repairs are done to a standard and car is safe. But yeah sounds like car will be written off, gutted as had it less then a year and its still got MB approved used warranty, will probably get much less then I paid for it too so will lose out a lot.

Have heard some good reviews about that place, I'm sure it used to be called Calibre Coachworks? Unless I'm thinking of the place in Bedford

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom