Mercedes Website - utter rubbish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's an article about MB's new online showroom in Automotive Management. Here's a quote:

Mercedes-Benz Cars UK sales director, Rachael Thompson, said: “In the digital world, the online showroom is a hugely important part of the changing customer journey.

“We want to make it as simple as possible for a customer to research and choose their Mercedes-Benz.”

The full article:

Consumer-facing Mercedes-Benz 'online car showroom' app goes live

Well she’s failed on that point...

I don't really have any issues on the Approved Used site as the options are down the left hand side (some are concealed until you open them out at the bottom of the default options).

I think you're talking about the old site, which worked fine. The new one has much fewer options (e.g. you can no longer search by engine size or for SE/Sport/AMG Line etc.), and they run across the top. And you get hardly any cars shown per page. And it's very slow.

Capture.JPG

I think you're talking about the old site, which worked fine. The new one has much fewer options (e.g. you can no longer search by engine size or for SE/Sport/AMG Line etc.), and they run across the top. And you get hardly any cars shown per page. And it's very slow.

Oh shit!

I must have used it very close to change over then as yes it was the old site I was thinking of.

I've used the new one and it seems OK in terms of performance.

There appears to be space where the filters go so maybe they will add more in time - hopefully the various options and packs you can choose.

I can't believe there is much to it given they have details of what options the cars have in the first place - if I choose a particular option then I should be able to see all the cars fitted with it really - or at least in the model I am interested in.

I like the way it presents the results in a much larger window though.

Might be a WIP so I will reserve judgement at this stage!

You don’t release WIP when you’re a company like Mercedes.

You've clearly not been using Mercedes Me for the last three years!

Loads of big corporations are like this, put together by marketing departments that don’t or won’t follow the “customers journey” so end up with an absolute dogs dinner of a website and because they’re so big no-one takes ownership so nothing gets done!
This is how it is.

I've experience of it, Marketing get the right hump when the Ops guys pick their stuff apart, it becomes political really fast.

This is how it is.

I've experience of it, Marketing get the right hump when the Ops guys pick their stuff apart, it becomes political really fast.
Throw in Finance whingeing about the cost of it all and you’ve got yourself a party! :D

As the old saying goes " if it ain't bust don't fix it" , found the old site perfectly usable , the new one is ten steps backward.

In recent times I would think it was exactly the kind of thing they would do!

Their websites seem to be in permanent state of WIP.

Last time they "improved it", the dropped CLs from the list of options despite having them for sale which I found via Autotrader.

Good job MB! :D

Form over Function - a 21st Century curse everywhere!

Slightly OT - try booking a seat/ticket on the VUE website. Bad enough for a standard ticket, but if you want to add a promo code/change allocated seats....:wallbash:

I've since noticed the website now contains the specifications of each car again so it definitely has been a WIP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom