Mercedes win in Shanghai Chinese F1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When Mercedes has just won its first GP for 50+ years do you seriously think that people on a Mercedes forum won't shout it from the tree tops within seconds...?

There is consideration and there is common sense.

I think what Old Crow is saying is that posters might have had enough consideration to not put the result in the heading, so those that haven't yet been able to watch the race can do so without knowing the result so enjoy the thrill.

Mind you, that would take consideration and common sense I guess... :)

I think what Old Crow is saying is that posters might have had enough consideration to not put the result in the heading, so those that haven't yet been able to watch the race can do so without knowing the result so enjoy the thrill.

And if Old Crone had posted this earlier than 6hrs after the race it might have had a bit of effect. Again... this is a merc forum and this was the first win in 57 years for merc in F1.

And if Old Crone had posted this earlier than 6hrs after the race it might have had a bit of effect.

You seem to have missed the point...
He couldn't post is before as he wasn't available to either watch the telly or post on here. :rolleyes:

You have just highlighted his point absolutely, why did you need to call him Old Crone?

Oh, yes...Lack of thought and consideration...:)

If everyone thought into everything so much, nothing would ever get done... If the guy cared that much about seeing it, he would have done so before coming on here...

why did you need to call him Old Crone?

Oh, yes...Lack of thought and consideration...:)

Not at all I gave it thought and consideration .

As for exactly why I called him Old Crone.... that is because the swear filter blocks ****** *** **** :D :devil:

My apologies if I upset anyone it was not my intention, I would point out though that even if the subject did not contain the result the method with which you view the forum would also dictate what you actually view. I for instance view via the iPad app which shows me the subject line as well as the first line of text on new posts as such you would need to know every method of how forum members could possible access and what they would see not to upset someone that didn't want to know.

Last edited:
I think what Old Crow is saying is that ......

You have just highlighted his point absolutely, why did you need to call him Old Crone?

Oh, yes...Lack of thought and consideration...
smile.gif

And why did you need to call him ["oldcro"] Old Crow? Oh, yes ... lack of blah blah blah ;)

When Mercedes has just won its first GP for 50+ years do you seriously think that people on a Mercedes forum won't shout it from the tree tops within seconds...?

There is consideration and there is common sense.

Then why spoil it for those members who had not yet watched the race. My post was about the title, not the contents. Read what I said and stop complaining about something that was never said.

And if Old Crone had posted this earlier than 6hrs after the race it might have had a bit of effect. Again... this is a merc forum and this was the first win in 57 years for merc in F1.

The time I posted is immaterial as the damage had already been done, considering the original post was made immediately after race end. I was pointing out the effect of thoughtlessly including the result in the title, so hopefully others might think again when posting any competition result.

As for your name calling I gave such childishness up when I left infants school, not a problem to me as your post is beneath my contempt.

That was simply an error, yours was deliberately derogatory.
Sorry, not intended to be derogatory. Merely poking a bit of fun at someone who's earlier posts had indicated a likeable sense of humour. So dare I say it was simply an error? ;)

Dieselman you got an apology, well done. All I got was abuse and snide remarks for something I never said, if these gutless morons are going to infest this forum it's time for me to think about leaving.

Thanks to all the decent folk who have given so much to the forum in the past, pity a small minority seem bent on ruining one of the best forums on the internet. Time the silent majority made themselves known if they care about looking after the forum.

Dieselman you got an apology, well done. All I got was abuse and snide remarks for something I never said, if these gutless morons are going to infest this forum it's time for me to think about leaving.

Thanks to all the decent folk who have given so much to the forum in the past, pity a small minority seem bent on ruining one of the best forums on the internet. Time the silent majority made themselves known if they care about looking after the forum.

You did actually receive an apology from me along with any other members that may have taken offence (see my post 17-04-2012, 10:22 PM), an apology you chose to ignore

oldcro, you drive a Range Rover so surely you're used to abuse and snide remarks by now! Or are you one of those all too common Range Rover drivers who is too aloof to notice the rest of us, particularly when on the road?
;)
:D
OK - I've been having a laugh at your expense. It was only a joke and certainly not intended to damage you in any way.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but at the same time we have to recognise that those opinions are unlikely to be shared by everyone. So writing in any public forum leaves us all open to abuse and ridicule. Open discussion is great, and what this forum benefits from compared to many is that the quantity of uneducated shallow insults remains at a minimum. But people are going to disagree with you from time to time, and even criticise you for something you haven't said or done. This is because none of us know the full story. So we all have to ask ourselves: "Does it really matter?" If so, we then have to explain in more detail - without getting upset. And if not, then just move on and continue to enjoy the discussions. Or of course you can do as you have already suggested, and leave. But you'll be the only one to lose by taking that action - it's your decision.

Life is far too short to be taken seriously, but if you remain hurt by any of the things I've said then please accept my sincere apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom