Mercedes Witham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi Folks,

My CLK is in MB Witham for some accident repairs (non fault) and fully paid up by the other drivers insurance so I thought it might as well have a service whilst it's in there.

The normal cost for the A service plus air/fuel filter and brake fluid should be £495.00 and I asked about a discount scheme for older cars and they have offered me the above service etc for £295.00 all in...!!

Is that normal. It seems quite good to me..!

ps. My car needs a new rear bumper plus paint, rear sensors and a new rear panel and boot floor.. :mad: They had better do a good job with the paintwork..

The quote of £495 sounds more like a B service than an A.:confused: If it is a B service that £295 sounds good to me. My last A service was £230

Hi George,

It's an A service but as the car has done 52,000 they said it is also due the brake fluid change and fuel and air filter changes (not part of an A service they said).

Not bad value for £300 then, but overpriced at £500.

I mentioned to my dealer yesterday that there are plenty of dealers out there doing better-than-ever discounts on servicing. They've just had cards printed for their new discount rates:

3 years: 10%
4 years: 15%
5 years: 20%
etc

At some point they'll be paying the owner to service the car!! :D

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water...

I had a call from MB today to say my car was being serviced.. Just a couple of things sir.. A new windscreen wiper (£18) fine.. 2 new rear tyres (£159.00 each..!).. "Leave the tyres" I said.

Is that expensive for 2 tyres though..?

Sounds it to me!! Dealers are seldomly competitive on tyres in my experience. They just don't sell enough to be competitive, and operate with higher margins than your average tyre fitter.

Shop around, and see if they can drop the price a little.

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water...

I had a call from MB today to say my car was being serviced.. Just a couple of things sir.. A new windscreen wiper (£18) fine.. 2 new rear tyres (£159.00 each..!).. "Leave the tyres" I said.

Is that expensive for 2 tyres though..?

Expensive - yes.

Get a quote on line now at www.blackcircles.com to compare. I have used them and they were very good.

I'll get a couple of quotes elsewhere first. Out of interest - What size tyres am I afer as I don't have the car here to check and any sugested make.?. (Rears for a CLK)

I'll get a couple of quotes elsewhere first. Out of interest - What size tyres am I afer as I don't have the car here to check and any sugested make.?. (Rears for a CLK)

If those are 17" AMGs, I would guess the rears are 245/40 17s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom