MERCEDES X Class possibly for the chop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you treat your customers with contempt by fleecing them for a Nissan with a Mercedes badge, they bite back and don’t buy the product. Good riddance to the X! Hateful thing and never worthy of the badge and stupid price.

mercedes-x-class-longterm-fuel-pump.jpg

You have until MAY evidently?
Mercedes-Benz to end production of X-Class pick-up in May | Autocar

Last edited:
I have seem a fair few on the roads - tbh i thought (by sightings alone) that Merc were doing very well thank you.I would have thought financially preferable CV BIk rates would have had owners of similar priced Mercs potentially making the switch to X -class.

They never sold them in the home of the pickup---the USA maybe something to do with their production agreement with NISSAN?

They wont purchase them as they are the market leader for trades vehicles?!?! That makes no sense at all.

15.7% market share in 2017 for commerical vehicles.

I don’t think individual tradesmen are very keen on Mercedes commercials, they seem to be bought by large fleets judging by what you see around here, builders buy transits and transporters.

We live in the land of the double cab and I’ve not seen a single X class locally, Japanese have that market.

Mercedes should have, in my opinion, made a serious, capable, no nonsense pickup, a bit along the lines of the g, or the older saloon cars that you could option up at will, it would have found buyers who are looking for a defender replacement

I don’t think individual tradesmen are very keen on Mercedes commercials, they seem to be bought by large fleets judging by what you see around here, builders buy transits and transporters.
They aren't; the Vivaro/Trafic & Transitare by far and away the most popular choice for "SWB" vans.
We live in the land of the double cab and I’ve not seen a single X class locally, Japanese have that market.
Now they've been out a couple of years, I'm seeing more but they are still a very rare sight on the roads compared to similar age Jap pickups.

Mercedes should have, in my opinion, made a serious, capable, no nonsense pickup, a bit along the lines of the g, or the older saloon cars that you could option up at will, it would have found buyers who are looking for a defender replacement
I've said similar on other threads related to the X-Class; Mercedes make hundreds of thousands of commercial vehicles and they can't even be bothered to have a proper bash at the double cab 4x4 pick-up market, just seems a big opportunity has been missed.

Maybe Mercedes are halting production because sales of these types of vehicles will suffer because of the plague.

Generally bought by small tradesmen or as a fashion accessory both of these markets will soon no longer exist as the uk economy is destroyed.

Of course Mercedes commercial vehicles leased/ purchsed by Supermarkets will still prosper.

I've said similar on other threads related to the X-Class; Mercedes make hundreds of thousands of commercial vehicles and they can't even be bothered to have a proper bash at the double cab 4x4 pick-up market, just seems a big opportunity has been missed.

True. They (along with the other German manufacturers) seem more interested in squeezing a 'class' inbetween a 'class'. For example, look at the BMW X series, the X3 and X5 seemed sufficient but then came the X6 and X7 along with the X1, X2 and I think even a X4?? Add a few mm on the wheelbase and squeeze another vehicle in!

The pick-up market would have been a good move IMO and as you said, if they bothered to have a decent bash at it, I think it would have proved popular

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom