MERCEDES X Class possibly for the chop?

Discussion in 'Mercedes News' started by grober, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Eddy77

Eddy77 Active Member

Car:
    2008 CLK 350 Sport Cab, 2019 Audi A6 Avant 40 TDi S-Line
    If you treat your customers with contempt by fleecing them for a Nissan with a Mercedes badge, they bite back and don’t buy the product. Good riddance to the X! Hateful thing and never worthy of the badge and stupid price.

2. OP
    OP
    grober

grober MB Master

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  3. tali

tali MB Enthusiast

Car:
    qashqai
    I have seem a fair few on the roads - tbh i thought (by sightings alone) that Merc were doing very well thank you.I would have thought financially preferable CV BIk rates would have had owners of similar priced Mercs potentially making the switch to X -class.

4. OP
    OP
    grober

grober MB Master

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    They never sold them in the home of the pickup---the USA maybe something to do with their production agreement with NISSAN?

5. CCAALLVVIINN

CCAALLVVIINN MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GL 350cdi, W126 300SE, Land Rover 109 2.6
    I don’t think individual tradesmen are very keen on Mercedes commercials, they seem to be bought by large fleets judging by what you see around here, builders buy transits and transporters.

We live in the land of the double cab and I’ve not seen a single X class locally, Japanese have that market.

Mercedes should have, in my opinion, made a serious, capable, no nonsense pickup, a bit along the lines of the g, or the older saloon cars that you could option up at will, it would have found buyers who are looking for a defender replacement