MercedesMe app very unreliable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick Harper

Car
Mercedes-Benz C350e Sport Prem Plus Estate (On Order)
I have a 67 plate (Jan 2018) C350e Estate and have found the various Mercedes Me apps and websites very unreliable since I bought the car. In particular, the pre-climate function would take thre or four attempts to work. I got fed up a couple of weeks ago and sent in a technical support request. Yesterday, I got an answer. Apparently my Hermes unit needs a software upgrade. There is a fix in the release coming at the end of August so my car is booked in for an update in early September.

You would think they could push out these updates over the air without having to book it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think they could push out these updates over the air without having to book it in.

Except that the thing needing the update is the module that handles the mobile communications! But, yes, I agree. However, would you like to run the risk of getting into your car of a morning and find it won’t start because some software update over night bricked it? At least if something goes wrong at the workshop, it’s in the right place to get fixed.

I get messages in my phone from Mercedes Me telling me the car is unlocked and the tailgate is open when I'm standing right next to it and it's all locked up.
I think MM is technology for it's own sake.
I have never wondered when not in the car how much fuel left/tyre pressures/ brake pads left etc:
The only possible use I can see for this is that it tells me where the car is if I have been stupid enough not to know that.
This has never happened to me in 45 years of driving and if it did, maybe time to hang up my driving gloves!

Yup....mine keeps telling me my car is unlocked. Is that just a simple software update for the vehicle?

Cheers,

Dave

I am so glad I declined the kind offer from MB to have MM fitted!

The retrofit adapter and app are rubbish doesn’t tell you much at all and if you have an iPhone every time you start the car you have to hit allow on a pop up message on your phone for it to work. Also with the Me App and the retrofit adapter the phone has to be in the car and the car running to get up to date information.

The retrofit adapter and app are rubbish doesn’t tell you much at all and if you have an iPhone every time you start the car you have to hit allow on a pop up message on your phone for it to work. Also with the Me App and the retrofit adapter the phone has to be in the car and the car running to get up to date information.

The dual authentication sounds useful.

The dual authentication sounds useful.

If by dual authentication you're referring to having to tap the app permission before the app responds properly, I can tell you it's not remotely useful.
It's a massive pain in the arris actually. The app will not record journeys properly without having to respond to this popup. Using the phone while driving is illegal so the app should do its thing without intervention. It can take some time before it even does pop up so you're almost always on the move before it arrives. By that time it's too late.
I contacted the developers several times about this and they said it was Apple's fault and that there would be a fix in iOS10. This did not convince me at all. And in point of fact we've been on iOS 11 for some time now and with iOS12 just around the corner there's still no fix for this completely unnecessary step.

If by dual authentication you're referring to having to tap the app permission before the app responds properly, I can tell you it's not remotely useful.
It's a massive pain in the arris actually. The app will not record journeys properly without having to respond to this popup. Using the phone while driving is illegal so the app should do its thing without intervention. It can take some time before it even does pop up so you're almost always on the move before it arrives. By that time it's too late.
I contacted the developers several times about this and they said it was Apple's fault and that there would be a fix in iOS10. This did not convince me at all. And in point of fact we've been on iOS 11 for some time now and with iOS12 just around the corner there's still no fix for this completely unnecessary step.

Yup that’s what Mercedes said to me albeit they didn’t mention a fix just said it’s down to iOS security or something.

I’ve also noticed if I take a call after the call I get the pop up message again as well.

No I wasn't referring to the app, I read your post as needing to authorise starting the car via permission on the app.

No I wasn't referring to the app, I read your post as needing to authorise starting the car via permission on the app.
Ah. The thing I meant wasn't about starting the car. It was about the daft popup box wanting permissions that appears on the app every time the thing senses the car is on. If you don't tap to give permissions the app doesn't work properly.
So the sequence is: Start car with the key, Mme box wakes up and talks to phone, phone app displays a popup box wanting permissions, get ticket for playing with phone while on the move.
Is it possible to start the car with the app?

I’ve also noticed if I take a call after the call I get the pop up message again as well.
Yep. Same here. Also found it comes up sometimes in the middle of a journey. I've not been able to figure out what these mid-journey popups could be correlated with. Or even if that's relevant. It's just really annoying.

Yep. Same here. Also found it comes up sometimes in the middle of a journey. I've not been able to figure out what these mid-journey popups could be correlated with. Or even if that's relevant. It's just really annoying.

Could possibly be iOS and it’s terrible Bluetooth connectivity as since an iOS update ages ago mine drops connections all the time with my truck also streaming music it does the same.

In the car I’ve noticed a few times it pops up saying it’s connected half way through a journey so maybe it also drops the Bluetooth adapter as well and that’s why you get the random pop up every so often.

So today I’ve ignored the pop up and been out on 5 short trips and it’s recorded them all properly.

The only time it doesn’t is if your on a call as it’s dripping the Bluetooth connection when it’s on a call.

Gotta say I love the mercedes me app.
It had some issues switching between Wi-fi and 4g but they seem to have fixed that now.
Sending an address from my phone map to the car nav and having it pop up on the screen when I get in is ace.

Oh and it emailed me to say I’d left the car open yesterday.... it was on the drive but sure enough I’d left it unlocked. So I locked it from my phone.
Really happy with this ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom