Mercedez-Benz Summer Drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bahamars

Car
W211 E320 CDI
Mercedes-Benz Summer Drive
I've just returned from the Mercedes-Benz ride and drive summer event at Loseley Park, Guildford. It was an oportunity to drive the new E-class and a selection of models from the range, in all they had about 30 cars of which 50% were new E's.

I must say that they event was superb and all credit should go to Tony Purslow' staff (about 20 from all branches apparently + about 6 from Mercedes-Benz) who were most pleasant inspite of the sweltering heat.

You could drive whatever vehicle was available but only after having passed over the keys for the one you had driven. If the next vehicle that you chose was available you got to drive it, otherwise you had to wait. Needless to say open top models had a list waiting, but we just took what was available and didn't hang araound at all except for drinks and lunch which were free to guests.

We ended up driving a new E280 CDI Sport, a R320 CDI, an M280 CDI C220CDI Estate, B180 CDI and CLS55 AMG. After the last car we thought that nothing could top that so we called it quits. [the SL500 had an hour wait if we wanted, but we decided we'd had a good day with what we had driven]

Even better was the fact that you were unaccompanied, and a test circuit was mapped out on the public roads with markers which gave a 25 - 30 minute experience for each vehicle, including a spell up and down part of the A3 dual carriage-way.

What a great day, with no high pressure salesmanship going on just the ability to test the cars and fill in a questionaire [if you wanted to].

My estimation of Mercedes-Benz and Tony Purslow (already high in both cases) just went higher. Well done. :rock:

Was anybody else there or are there any other similar events going on?

Last edited:
I received an invite, but didn't attend due to having just started a new job and a day off means a day of no income.

Glad you had a good time and I definitely like the sound of the CLS55!

There's one in York on 10th August. I got an invite but don't know if I'll be going due to house move etc. It's not quite the same as the track day they did a couple of years ago though as it's all on public roads:devil: BUt good fun nontheless:D

Sounds a great day, glad you enjoyed it.

It's funny, they are my local dealer and yet I am going to a similar event up in Hertfordshire, from an invite via my brother. Hope it's as good as the Surrey day!

Just got my invite to the Edinburgh one on the 10th August

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom