Mercerdes clk w208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MERC CLK 230 K

Car
mercedes clk W208 230 kommpressor
Would a clk w208 ever become a classic Mercedes ??

Yer I hope they do I keep my miles down so it keeps it's money :)

I don't know I'd like to think so but I doubt it, they don't have anything on the C124s which they "replaced"

The rust will destroy many. Those that survive stand a good chance of becoming a "classic" but will never be in the same league as 124 or 123 coupes.

Yes 208 definitely.... not 209. and possibly mainly in facelift form.

Yes 208 definitely.... not 209. and possibly mainly in facelift form.

Why not the W209? 20 years from now they will be getting pretty rare.and long in the tooth.

Late 80s Vaxuhalls are now classed as 'classics' :)

Last edited:
I think it will depend on the spec of the car...i.e. 55 AMG or 200k?

Spec won't have any impact. Originality will be the key.

Daz

Mine still fully original expet for chrome tip Mercedes mannfarured tho :)

I hope an original 1 owner FMB 320 convertible will one day be a desired thing? so long as petrol stays under £2.00 a litre I think they will.

That said I have C124 as well to hedge my bets!

Hi

A very good question.

There are a number of reasons why the CLK (208) could become a classic, but the most important reason is the styling.

Maybe I am biased but I do think they are an extremely good looking car... esp the cab. They are still practical yet have avoided some of Mercedes later rather extreme
styling excesses, later Mercs have bonnets like someone heavy has sat on it. Is it the CLS that looks like a bent banana, a cartoon from Bugsy Malone.

Sorry I also can't easily tell the difference between BMW 3 series and C class.

Having said that the cars of today... will in time be the classics of tomorrow just by being scarce.

I have a cab w208 and although its a good clean car the only thing that i cant stand about it is the steering wheel. I know its easy to replace. My steering wheel feels gruby, granted its done 100.000 miles but my vw had more miles and the steering wheel wore well. Its the same in the works sprinters, the steering wheels feel like they have done a million miles.
I think the steering wheel will corrode away before the arches lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom