Mercland Website - Please help me critique it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice Jay. Its slick and loads quickly.
One comment,,,,,,,,,, I'd move the Mercedes grill image to the right of www.MERCLAND.com as its currently hiding the brand name.

Not for me... the grille is on the left, www.mercland.com in the middle and phone number on the right

2020-04-29.png

Site looks quite slick, i like the design of it :)

Site loads correctly for me (Windows + Chrome, IE and Edge), with the main logo in the middle, grill on the left, and contact details on the right.

For me, i don't think the grill fits in with the style of the banner, and doesn't go with the text of the main logo contact details.

If you need to have it there - fair enough :thumb:

Maybe space out the tabs at the top a little bit, so that the text reached to the width of the page (upto the Grill and Contact details)

Negatives:
1. There's too much on your Homepage, it's far too long; it's replicating your page options. The last section as you scroll down should be the "Car Search" bar, the rest can be found by clicking on the options at the top of the page.

2. Meet the team is too long in my opinion, my preference is to have the main people - founder, directors, sales - having the rest make it feel "too much info"

3. Each page should have the "Car Search" bar option; info is good but the website is there to sell your cars.

4. To help "de-clutter" I'd merge the "Preparation" and "Bodywork" pages as a minimum. I would hack away a lot more at the sheer volume of the website but that's personal preference; when I build a website I always keep in mind that it's main aim is to keep that customer on my site and for them not to get frustrated not being able to find what they want and leave.

Positives:
1. As I'd expect, your car adverts are excellent, very clear with nice big, high resolution photos.

2. Your contact options are very visible and utilising WhatsApp is very wise, we get about 30-40% of our enquiries via the app.

3. Black/grey, white and blue is a great colour scheme.

4. I really like the Mercedes grille logo, very neat.

It looks nice and there is an improvement from the previous. I'm looking at the site on my 13" laptop monitor.
Here is my 2p worth:
Main Page:
1. The top sliding banner is a bit on the large side as are the used car section, Meet the Team, and other section boxes. Parking lot with many MBs and the garage photos are great but the SEC can be confusing for some potential buyers. We here know what it is but don't expect that everyone knows it. I think it shouldn't be there. I have to scroll ~1/4 of a vertical slide bar to be able to see the sliding banner with cars on offer.
1588268165266.png

1588268241633.png
2. Sliding banner with vehicle photos and the prices. Try making all the boxes same width and height. Boxes with cars with 5 digit price tend to be higher (longer) than the ones under £10k.
1588268179432.png
3. Search. Is it possible to add fuel type after model. The buyer looking for a petrol will be annoyed to have to scroll through all diesels for example.
4. "Give us a call" and "Or come and visit us" are again both with a photo of SEC. Give us a call should be with a photo of a human or just a phone in the background and Come and visit us with a Google Map or any other map.
1588268210085.png
Sub-pages:
5. Warranty page. Too many colours on the page. Try to make it look like "Meet the team" page. Two colours and clear.
1588268308608.png

Pages with car adverts, bodywork, prep, meet the team, reviews, contact us are all perfect with all the info one needs. :thumb:
Grille on the top left, logo in the middle and the phone no on the top right are looking great with white on black. Fantastic.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, all done!! Appreciate all the work!

ignore me on this one, looked at the wrong site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom