Mercman? guy from kent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drifting

Car
C220 CDI, Diesel Estate
Hi Chaps.

Trying to get hold of this chap re a litigation I am about to start against a rip off garage. I have tried his mobile, and never seem to get a reply. He, it seems was supposed to have done work on this car, and I need it confirmed on the state he left it in. Not blaming him in the least, but the garage have upset a fordable foe. With 10 CCJs against them they may think I will go away. How wrong they are, winding up order arrived soon!

Regards

Have you tried calling from different landlines? He may recognise your number and not wish to chat to you?

Sounds like an interesting story though?

Mercman are a breaker that used to be in Southampton but then moved to cornwall..

Ive never heard of any other mercman.

I might be wrong, but I'm sure I've got a business card indoors for a "Mercman".

I'll have a look when I get in.

So any more details of what actually happened?

If the 10 CCJ's against them its highly unlikely you will just end up wasting good money by going to court?

Na, I was wrong... the business card I have is for a guy/ company called Merc-Tech.

I think that is Wright Tech now (assuming based in Sidcup).

I think that is Wright Tech now (assuming based in Sidcup).

Yes, based in sidcup.
Never used them, just picked up their card from somewhere ages ago.
Can't even remember where from. Lol

Companies changing names.. Never a good sign.

CKS springs to mind....

CKS springs to mind....

Sorry for the thread hijack, are CKS dodgy?

Just ordered a grill from them!

Sorry for the thread hijack, are CKS dodgy?

Just ordered a grill from them!

mate my grill was from them (see my pics ) dont wory think you ordered the same grill - ive got a few simple mods (wheel caps , rear license plate surrounds etc from them and all good quality) but i have heard some people have had bad customer relations with them - with me they have been fine if that offers you reassurance and they currently custom making me a front licence plate surrounded that i wanted but could not find anywhere - think everywhere people will have had bad experiences and good experiences - i have however held off getting my exhaust there at present as ive been given tips for some places that will do it at great price and good results but with regards to your grill if same as mine you will be completely happy as mine came looking great with no complaints:thumb:

Cheers guys, again sorry for the thread hijack.

mate my grill was from them (see my pics ) dont wory think you ordered the same grill - ive got a few simple mods (wheel caps , rear license plate surrounds etc from them and all good quality) but i have heard some people have had bad customer relations with them - with me they have been fine if that offers you reassurance and they currently custom making me a front licence plate surrounded that i wanted but could not find anywhere - think everywhere people will have had bad experiences and good experiences - i have however held off getting my exhaust there at present as ive been given tips for some places that will do it at great price and good results but with regards to your grill if same as mine you will be completely happy as mine came looking great with no complaints:thumb:

Yeah, you're right in what you say, people have different experiences.
Sadly, a lot of people feel that service is very poor at CKS.
As I said, if you know what you're looking for and you just want somewhere to get it, CKS shouldn't cause you any problems.
But if you're looking to have work done on your car, there are a couple of places that are really very good.
.... Better keep quiet about CKS now... Otherwise this thread will disappear too...

Lol

;)

Yeah, you're right in what you say, people have different experiences.
Sadly, a lot of people feel that service is very poor at CKS.
As I said, if you know what you're looking for and you just want somewhere to get it, CKS shouldn't cause you any problems.
But if you're looking to have work done on your car, there are a couple of places that are really very good.
.... Better keep quiet about CKS now... Otherwise this thread will disappear too...

Lol

;)

lol the Illuminati are watching lol

Hi Guys.

Well I have been around in this forum for a while, ever since a meet at Bridgewood Manor in Kent. Sadly times had got hard, and I had to let my CLK AMG go :-( But Mercman used to be a guy that loitered around here, his first name was Tom.

However, having Merc in my blood, and I always loved my old O4 E-class, I started to have a look around.

Cut a long story short, the perfect match for what I wanted was in a local garage (West Car Sales, Newington, Kent)

I know caveat emptor and all that, but being a trusting soul, and new to the area, it seemed they were an established dealer. Boy was I wrong. From day one the car had problems, and I have may lots of calls, two letters with sale of good act, and they have done nothing to resolve all the issues. Hence my wanting to get hold of this Mercman, as some things said by him and the garage do not match.

As for court, I can see little point, if they ignore 10 other CCJ's they will ignore mine, and I am into more expense of fighting them further in court. Seems the law is an ass. I am looking at alternative ways of trying to resolve the issues, but not at liberty to say in an open forum (And yes they are legal :) )

Regards

Yes, based in sidcup.
Never used them, just picked up their card from somewhere ages ago.
Can't even remember where from. Lol

CKS springs to mind....

Well, I'd agree with you normally but in this case Wright Tech happens to be my inde - and they are excellent!

They changed the name because the heavies at MB decided they didn't like Merc Tech using the word Merc.

MB really do come from outer space - a little planet called Tossus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom