Mercobra anyone?

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s211 e55k
is there a story behind this car Roger? Agreed it looks like its been done tastefully.

OP
OP
AMGeed

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
2014 E63 Biturbo
is there a story behind this car Roger? Agreed it looks like its been done tastefully.

I'm trying to find out more about it Gav, The photo was posted by a Norwegian friend and I've asked him on FB if he has any more photos, especially of the cabin and rear.

MCFastybloke

Car
W201,W210,W124 On my way to ?
Fabulous.plenty of money spent there.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. Vauxhall insignia diesel
I'm led to believe there's some videos on YouTube, but I've not looked

oldguy57

MB Enthusiast
Car
Now various and sundry
Similar car and conversion.

Bearing in mind the value of a 300sl, I wonder why the builder didn't try and reconstruct one from the shell, if it was original. Apparently he's done the same to a gullwing 300 as well. Looks to be really good build quality.

Darrell

MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
K3 GSXR 600, S-Type Jaaaaag, Dacia Duster,Carrera (996)
Bearing in mind the value of a 300sl, I wonder why the builder didn't try and reconstruct one from the shell, if it was original. Apparently he's done the same to a gullwing 300 as well. Looks to be really good build quality.
The Gullwing could be a replica. Dave Kindig has done one.

oldguy57

MB Enthusiast
Car
Now various and sundry
I really admire the quality of Kindig's work - makes some of the companies appearing on these US reality car builder shows look like total bodgers.

Petrol Pete

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
I really admire the quality of Kindig's work - makes some of the companies appearing on these US reality car builder shows look like total bodgers.
I agree. If you watch the series and look in the background it is clear some of the cars are in his workshops for more than a year, my guess is that some of that is down to customers having to stop the build to save up a few dollars before they get the project back on track. I don't think you get much change from $100K (or more) with a Kindigit build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom