Merecedes Customer Care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I suppose I am like many people in thinking that when you purchase a Merecedes, you can look forward to a superior customer service compared to other makes. Unfortunately that is not the case. My friend has a 8 year old , 75k miles Honda CRV which developed a fault in a pipe from the manifold (£400 repair job). Honda arranged to have the repair carried out at no cost to my friend. Yet when my ML (7 yr old, less than 60k miles and full MB service history) blew a module due to water overflowing from the sill into the battery compartment, the only offer from Mercedes was 31% discount on the total bill ! No explanation was forthcoming as to how they arrived at 31%. My friend's experience has led me to put Honda on my shopping list next time round.

Good luck. I wouldn't look at a Honda though for all the tea in China!

My Wifes Honda Stepwagon has been Perfect, Doesn't put a foot wrong, Its just Smooth, Comfortable and Reliable. But it is Dull lol

My Wifes Honda Stepwagon has been Perfect, Doesn't put a foot wrong, Its just Smooth, Comfortable and Reliable. But it is Dull lol
We had an Accord in the family for over 20 years. Remember my mum driving it for half an hour from Heathrow Airport to Kingston with no water and a red light on the dash.

It was fine...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I suppose I am like many people in thinking that when you purchase a Merecedes, you can look forward to a superior customer service compared to other makes.

Think you are about 30 years too late! Most MB dealerships I have dealings with could not give a rats backside about aftercare, they are too busy trying to get you into a lease/PCP etc deal!

My friend's experience has led me to put Honda on my shopping list next time round.

Honda suit some people.

But not everyone. Last one I had only lasted a year - it wasn't a terrible car - but I regretted buying it. I normally keep cars I buy outright for at least 5 years. So it was traded early and took a depeciation hit on it. I wasn't terribly impressed with the dealer from which the car was sourced either.

OTOH my SiL changed to a Jazz after MB dealer annoyed her (hmmmmm...... pattern emerging perhaps ? ) and has stuck with Honda ever since and I can't see her not sticking with them.

they are too busy trying to get you into a lease/PCP etc deal!

..... and the in-warranty servicing

I think the business model assumes that they can sell the car on a 3 year plan. Get three full price services while the car is in warranty. Shift the customer to another 3 year plan - and sell post-3 year plan cars as MB 'approved used' and get at least one service while the car is still in the AU warranty.

I suppose I am like many people in thinking that when you purchase a Merecedes, you can look forward to a superior customer service compared to other makes. Unfortunately that is not the case. My friend has a 8 year old , 75k miles Honda CRV which developed a fault in a pipe from the manifold (£400 repair job). Honda arranged to have the repair carried out at no cost to my friend. Yet when my ML (7 yr old, less than 60k miles and full MB service history) blew a module due to water overflowing from the sill into the battery compartment, the only offer from Mercedes was 31% discount on the total bill ! No explanation was forthcoming as to how they arrived at 31%. My friend's experience has led me to put Honda on my shopping list next time round.
I don’t think the FOC Honda repair is a typical level of service. My parents have two Honda Jazz which have both had to have a gearbox rebuild at around 5 years old. Honda made a very small contribution to the second (provided the bearings),and nothing at all to the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom