Mereceds e class estate boot stuck closed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mpclap

Car
Mercedes e class
Hello everyone. I am after abit of help my w211 2005 mercedes boot lock has broken and it is closed just to make things harder. I am going to have to take the lock out from the inside. Does anyone have a part number for a w211 2005 estate mercedes boot actuator? I'm guessing it isn't going to be cheap? Regards michael

Can't help with the part number.

Can you open the tailgate? If yes, strip out the actuator...it's actually quite a simple part...you may be able to fix it.

Hello and thank you for your reply. No the boot is closed and will not open. So I'm guessing I'll have to break the actuator to get it out and open the boot. I just don't want to leave my boot open as I wait for parts. And I have my mot in 2 weeks. Which I'm guessing it will fail if the boot doesn't work?

Just a thought...have you tried the interior handle?

As above, if S211 estate is like my S203 estate, there may be a plastic disc on the carpeted tailgate trim that you can lever off, and then gives you access to the boot lock/ability to open it.

I'm not sure what's happened but the latch hook is trapped around the loop. The lock makes the noise like it wants to open but the latch doesn't move at all. I've tryed all the handles but no enjoy. So something to do with the latch movement has broken. It looks like the crowbar will have to come out soon a estate car without a boot isn't much good lol.

Your problem is to gain access from the inside you will have to destroy the lining. It's held by a plastic trim along it's lower edge and you need the door open to get that off. Try unscrewing the surround of the interior handle, there's one tiny star screw under the handle, prise out the light and disconnect, then grip the lining in the recess and pull upwards towards the window. It hooks on downtheway so might just come of with a bit of force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom