Merits (or not) of ceramic coatings for paintwork please

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by GavinP, Nov 14, 2018.

1. GavinP

GavinP New Member

Car:
    E400d 4MATIC Premium Plus Estate
    New car arrives in 2 weeks

What are the members views / experiences with having a new car ceramic coated by professional detailing outfit please?

Internet searches seem to flush out not dis-similar numbers of good and bad reports!

GTECHNIQ is the brand I was told about most recently but your views on the value (or not) of having a ceramic coating in general would be much appreciated.

G

2. w124nut

w124nut Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes W124 E320 cabriolet
    2mp.jpg
    I am pleased with the Gtechniq product. Can't say no more.

SL500AMG and m2287 like this.
  3. SL500AMG

SL500AMG Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL500 AMG Sport
    I am also pleased with G Techniq. 1st shot just after treatment, 2nd shot 6 months later, unwashed after a 300 mile motorway drive.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

w124nut and m2287 like this.
  4. Burtonization23

Burtonization23 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes SL 350 (R230)
    The leading ceramic coating products used today by most professional are Gtechniq and Gyeon. They both work very well and are durable throughout safe detailed washes. Its more about the prep work underneath as pre delivery washes and manufacturer imperfections need to be cleansed through paint correction before the coating is applied.

once the coating is on yes washing contaminants is a treat but using top up sealants (such as C2/ Skin) help maintain your coating per few washes. The scratch resistance in the coatings are a grey area, but if your maintaining the vehicle with the manufacturer specific shampoo then you should be fine.