Merits (or not) of ceramic coatings for paintwork please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavinP

Car
E400d 4MATIC
New car arrives in 2 weeks

What are the members views / experiences with having a new car ceramic coated by professional detailing outfit please?

Internet searches seem to flush out not dis-similar numbers of good and bad reports!

GTECHNIQ is the brand I was told about most recently but your views on the value (or not) of having a ceramic coating in general would be much appreciated.

G

I am also pleased with G Techniq. 1st shot just after treatment, 2nd shot 6 months later, unwashed after a 300 mile motorway drive.

6821b7338126a4d5531099d69bf62b93.jpg
41669503f03a2c708d1a8c93d249b405.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The leading ceramic coating products used today by most professional are Gtechniq and Gyeon. They both work very well and are durable throughout safe detailed washes. Its more about the prep work underneath as pre delivery washes and manufacturer imperfections need to be cleansed through paint correction before the coating is applied.

once the coating is on yes washing contaminants is a treat but using top up sealants (such as C2/ Skin) help maintain your coating per few washes. The scratch resistance in the coatings are a grey area, but if your maintaining the vehicle with the manufacturer specific shampoo then you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom