Mersey police, skid pan, horses, dogs and the Chief Constable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Even though I wanted to stay in my pit due to a chest infection I had a longstanding day booked with Merseyside Police to have a mini tour.

We went to the skid pan first one of only a few police pans in the country. They teach coppers there and we went out in a BM 3 with switchable ABS. the pan has inner and outer rings and differing surfaces Inc a greased section.

The BMW is on slicks and the pan is water jetted constantly, it will grip but then you get to the greased section and it goes - quickly - its a hard job to correct in time and he said you tend to go in the direction you are looking and most people look at the wall - once I sussed this i was far better.

The training officer Mal is some driver but he does do it every day as a instructor. I was ok but not fast enough in my wheel twirling but got better as the laps mounted, my MRS also had a go and was quite good.

Pics to follow when I get to a pc.

We then went to Mather avenue dog section and had an amazing close control, distance control and take down display. One part really impressed me was the dog being told to bring down but then told to ignore just before reaching the target - the dog stood down ! They also have a "speak to" command where they run up and bark all the time to contain. Very impressive.

I will post about the horses and meeting the boss later as I'm typing this on an iPhone and it's a pain but a great day we secured at auction for CLAIRE HOUSE childrens hospice.

Last edited:
This is a very long winded way to explain the following:

You and the Mrs went out in the rain, nicked the chief constable's BMW, were chased until you spun and crashed the car and were eventually caught by a dog team when you legged it! :p

Lol :) I couldnt leg it - its all could not to cough the instructor to death.

Im just trying to get the phots sorted now ......

I havent mentioned the horses yet :crazy:

^^^^ Ye Gods:eek:

Edit, the above post has been remove and my comment now makes no sense. Dieselman, you rascal you, 12 inches?

Last edited:
I prefer the 11 inch mighty meaty from pizza hut though;)

you see if you just say 'deleted', who knows what we gonna guess you posted :cool: the mind boggles

Added pics

The%20Skid%20Pan.jpg

Aerial shot, control hut on left
Anna%20on%20Skid%20Pan.jpg

Anna on the pan (driving)
Skid%20Pan%20Pro%20II.jpg

Pan has a dry slip road with roundabout, you can see it behind the car
Anna%20and%20Horse%20II.jpg

And we went to see the horses and dogs as well

this is a very long winded way to explain the following:

You and the mrs went out in the rain, nicked the chief constable's bmw, were chased until you spun and crashed the car and were eventually caught by a dog team when you legged it! :p

pmsl!! :d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom