Metallic squeak from suspension that disappears over time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cammerz

Car
BMW 120d
2018 C Class Coupe has suddenly developed almost a metallic scrape/squeak which seems linked to the suspension which disappears over time after driving. I can only think having a tyre replaced on the driveway has maybe contributed to it somehow.

It definitely sounds like metal on metal noise. Any ideas?

2018 C Class Coupe has suddenly developed almost a metallic scrape/squeak which seems linked to the suspension which disappears over time after driving. I can only think having a tyre replaced on the driveway has maybe contributed to it somehow.

It definitely sounds like metal on metal noise. Any ideas?
Interesting - I have a similar squeaking sound on my 2017 C Saloon (not scraping though), but very very feint and not always audible. Seems to be worse during the winter for whatever reason. I've always thought it was dry bushings 'somewhere'? Never really bothered me that much, but sounds like yours is worse.

I had a similar issue when MB replaced all four of my tyres to help with the crabbing issue. After they did it I was getting a squeak from the left rear whenever I went over any sort of bump before the car was warmed up. I took it back to them twice and they could find nothing wrong, and eventually it stopped doing it so I gave up chasing it. I can only assume something hadn't settled properly and eventually, after a month or so, did.

The warm dry weather will make most rubber items onder the car dry out over time .I just use a few tins of silicone spray .Pop down to my local garage,, and slip the chap a £5 ,,drive on the 4 poster and waste all the tins on every rubber item i can see .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom