MF2860 Command unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lance762

Car
Clc180k
Hi , new to the forum and require a little help please, I have just swapped out my factory MF2860 (a203 870 34 94) to a Sony XAV-AX1000 , I have used the connect 2 wiring harness and have the steering wheel controls and rear camera working but I can’t get the tuner to work ? On the back of the MF2860 there are two fakra sockets - a double white Fakra and a single yellow Fakra - I assumed rightly or wrongly the double white would be for the antenna so purchased a cable and connected it to the new head unit but still it doesn’t tune. ?? Any ideas or does anybody know what the white and yellow ports are used for ?
Thanks in advance332D8FF1-3F4C-4FD5-AF68-1348D347B57A.jpeg372F3303-E0D5-43CF-B13F-77B30A3F1F75.jpeg

You need a power-insert adapter (phantom feed adapter) - the Mercedes antenna needs power fed up through the coax to provide the antenna amplifier with power

Yellow is bluetooth antenna, Double while is 2x FM/Am antenna -

The blue wire then connects to the blue antenna / amplifier output on the new stereo.

Cheers
Richard

I have a related question. I have an CLC 200 that came with the old A20 MF2530. I want to upgrade to A20 MF2860 with the color screen, mp3 and bluetooth system. Is it a plug n play instalation? My car has a telephone installation bluetooth kit undet the arm rest and a microphone inside the rear view mirror. Is that a probhlem? Can i use the preinstalled mic with the newer unit?or if i install the newer unit, then a new mic must be installed?

I have a related question. I have an CLC 200 that came with the old A20 MF2530. I want to upgrade to A20 MF2860 with the color screen, mp3 and bluetooth system. Is it a plug n play instalation? My car has a telephone installation bluetooth kit undet the arm rest and a microphone inside the rear view mirror. Is that a probhlem? Can i use the preinstalled mic with the newer unit?or if i install the newer unit, then a new mic must be installed?

I don't know the answer, but on the CLC (CL203) upgrading Audio20 to COMAND NTG2.5 is fairly straightforward (and you want need the Bluetooth Telephony in the centre arm rest). A second hand NTG2.5 can't be that expensive.

I don't know the answer, but on the CLC (CL203) upgrading Audio20 to COMAND NTG2.5 is fairly straightforward (and you want need the Bluetooth Telephony in the centre arm rest). A second hand NTG2.5 can't be that expensive.
Thank mate for the answer. If anyone knows,I would like to ask if the car harness, due to the fact that I have the old A20 MF2530 install from factory, is compatible with the new A20 MF2860 or the NTG2.5. I am afraid that the car has the harness of the preCLC models due to the old A20. Anyone who has gone the same path? If the car was equipped with the new A20 MF2860 upgrading to NTG2.5 is straight forward, but from the older A20 MF2530 to the newer A20 MF2860 is my question. I found a MF2860 for 180 euros and it’s brand new. I think its a bargain, but I am afraid that it would need skills to make the connections.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom