Michael Winner dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bes1110

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W212 e350. Ford puma MHEV ST-Line X
Michael Winner RIP

Sad... he was unwell for some time. I really liked his wit and humor.

On the occasions that I ate at restaurants that MW had reviewed, I came to the conclusion that the his idea of a good restaurant and good food was so fundamentally opposed to mine. Perhaps I'm being uncharitable if I suggest that how staff treated him to the level of his own self-importance conditioned his review, but I couldn't take him seriously in that genre.

I wonder if it was the food poisoning session that depleted his health which has not helped him on his way. He picked it up somewhere foreign I believe.

On the occasions that I ate at restaurants that MW had reviewed, I came to the conclusion that the his idea of a good restaurant and good food was so fundamentally opposed to mine. Perhaps I'm being uncharitable if I suggest that how staff treated him to the level of his own self-importance conditioned his review, but I couldn't take him seriously in that genre.

I wish to distance myself from any of the reviews mentioned above as I had nothing whatsoever to do with them. ;)

I wonder if it was the food poisoning session that depleted his health which has not helped him on his way. He picked it up somewhere foreign I believe.

Yes, a bad oyster in the Caribbeans (I think). Apparently he caught some nasty infection which he never did manage to get rid of.

Yes, a bad oyster in the Caribbeans (I think). Apparently he caught some nasty infection which he never did manage to get rid of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrio_vulnificus

quote:- Patients especially vulnerable are those with liver disease (especially cirrhosis and hepatitis

Was there a genre where you could take him seriously ??

His films were all pony.

I love cockney rhyming slang viz;
Pony and horse - coarse!

I did a massive lead roof on his house somewhere in Kensington many years ago.

Speaking of which, they showed a clip from the now-classic esure commercial on the BBC news, and it's just dawned on me that it was filmed outside his house. I bet he insisted on that!

winner.jpg

The Torygraph's obituaries all normally the finest, and this is them at their most waspish.

"......he said recently. “I’m very happy to snuff it; you have to live with the cards you’ve been dealt with.” But he admitted that not having children was “the one mistake that wipes out everything I have ever done”. "

Very sad to get to the end of one's life & realise this.

Looks like a Holland Park backstreet....

Holland Park/West Ken borders and, as Darrell has indicated, one of the finest houses in the area, although Mr Winner's taste in interior decor was somewhat open to question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom