Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He'll be ok ,it's not for the first time probably wouldn't be the last either...

Shouldn't have being skiing if he was piste

Michael Schumacher 'critical' after ski accident

BBC News

Michael Schumacher, seven-time Formula 1 world champion, is in "critical condition" after a ski accident, says the French hospital at which he is being treated.

The 44-year-old German "was suffering a serious brain trauma with coma on his arrival" the hospital in the south-east city of Grenoble said in a statement.

Schumacher's management confirmed his critical condition, reports said.

He was skiing off-piste with his son in the Alps when the accident occurred.

Schumacher was wearing a helmet when he fell and hit his head against a rock, Meribel resort director Christophe Gernignon-Lecomte said earlier.

I just hope he recovers.

I looks like its a serious accident which proves that skiing off piste is as dangerous as driving F1 car. Know few fatality of experienced skiers going off tracks for getting more adrenalin,let's hope he is fine...

Last edited:
Hope we don't wake up tomorrow to some sad headlines.

Hope he makes full recovery just as Top Gear's Hammond did at the time.

I am at an Alpine ski resort as we speak , I suspect the general atmosphere here might get a bit sombre when the news start spreading.

Just heard about this too, I was a bit shocked. Fingers crossed all will be well.

Hopefully all turns out well and good news come out tomorrow

Whilst such incidents can change the fact he appeared to be OK to start with is perhaps hopeful of a good outcome. Regardless of whether you are a Schuey fan or not, no one would want this for him.

Yes it seems they have put the poor chap in a controlled coma to be able to stabilise his condition, although immediately after the accident he was able to walk to the helicopter for treatment.
Never liked the blokes attitude, but sincerely hope he recovers fully, very hard time for his son who was with him at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom