Michelin Pilot sport 2 lasted 11k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
They lasted 1 year and 1 month and just 11,000 miles on the rear. I don't rag the car either. I thought I'd get a bit more life than that :doh:

I shall be looking at either winter tyres before a switch to 18" wheels next year or a set of "top end" budgets such as Kumho.

They lasted 1 year and 1 month and just 11,000 miles on the rear. I don't rag the car either. I thought I'd get a bit more life than that :doh:

I shall be looking at either winter tyres before a switch to 18" wheels next year or a set of "top end" budgets such as Kumho.

i think 11,000 on a heavy rwd mrec is good value:thumb:
atb karl

Wow, Im due to replace me front 2 tyres in aprox 1000miles, they are 19" and don't know which ones to get, so if anyone has a good make to recomend, would be much appreciated...

Don't the C63's go through tyres in about 4K?

My first rears (Bridgestone Turanza) lasted 18K and the Michelin Primacy replacements lasted 25K. But I pretty well only use the car for long stready motorway runs.

The original Turanza fronts would have lasted 50K+ but I changed them early as the shoulders were a bit scrubbed and I wanted to get Primacy's on the front to match the back.

Doesn't sound to bad to me moonloops, I'd be lucky to get that out of a set of contisports on my rear end, ooh err missus :)

Hi my PS2`s have done £14K so far, still on 3.2mm.

tbh, they have had a fairly easy life over the last 6k.

they are a much better wearing tyre than say pirellis that i found wore very quickly.

If the Michelins did 11k I would wager that a cheap, softer tyre would be dead in less than that!

11k for a 5.0 V8 RWD car isn't all that bad IMHO, better than many cars I've owned :)

Will

+1 11k is pretty good.

I expexct 5-6 in the 43.

Check tread wear rating before buying - higher is supposed to last longer, but reality is what it is!

+1 11k is pretty good.

I expexct 5-6 in the 43.

My son managed less than 3K KMs (less than 2K mles!!!) in a Golf GTi.

He's moderated his style now and we await with interest. So do his girlfriend and his bank manager.

RayH

My C63 got through a rear set of Pirellis in 3700miles. The Pilot Sport 2's on the rear have achieved almost the same distance and have 6mm on them.

Which is the same as the fronts which are still the originals.

I would expect 9000-12000 out of a decent set of tyres for cars with a V8. Less means either you are driving badly, or the tyres are rubbish.

Avoid Pirellis is my view.

Doesn't sound to bad to me moonloops, I'd be lucky to get that out of a set of contisports on my rear end, ooh err missus :)

My rears have over 22,000 on them. The fronts too, but they need replacing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback - I'm happy with that wear rate now.

Not quite down to the tread wear indicators and I have winter tyres coming next few days.

I now have traction control turned off and wearing out the last bit of rubber whilst slightly sideways :thumb:

btw the wear indicators are on 2mm, so you prob have 2.5-3mm left

Thanks for the feedback - I'm happy with that wear rate now.

Not quite down to the tread wear indicators and I have winter tyres coming next few days.

I now have traction control turned off and wearing out the last bit of rubber whilst slightly sideways :thumb:

btw the wear indicators are on 2mm, so you prob have 2.5-3mm left

True, but it's just getting a bit slippy slidey now and traction control is refusing to let me out of junctions at a safe speed so I think it's time to change them out.

:thumb:

FYI

My S500 has Dunlop SP9000s on the rear and I'm at the point of considering a change. They've done 16k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom