Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (Volvo?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350 & SL400
I need a couple of front tyres for my W221 (255 35 R20). There are Michelin Pilot 4 S on the rear so I really wanted the same on the front but unfortunately these aren't available in the size I need. I have found Michelin Pilot 4 in the correct size but it shows the Volvo symbol next to it (see below). Will these be ok for my car or should I go for the Michelin Pilot Sport 5?

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 255_35 Y 20 Tyres - Free Fitting - Tyre Shoppe_ - www.tyre-shopper.co.uk.jpg
Michelin Pilot Sport 5 255_35 Y 20 Tyres - Free Fitting - Tyre Shoppe_ - www.tyre-shopper.co.uk.jpg

There will be some subtle differences between the tyre specified by Volvo and a tyre specified by Mercedes, and it “probably” won’t cause an issue.

However if the rears are 4 S and you can’t get a 4 S for the front, then going for a 5 won’t be any less of a match than going for a 4 on the front - the 4 and 4 S are completely different tyres.

How much of a difference is 1 dB?

26%

A 1 dB change in a sound equates to about a 26% difference in sound energy (remember that a 3 dB difference is a doubling of energy levels). In terms of subjective loudness, a 1 dB change yields just over a 7% change. A 3 dB change yields a 100% increase in sound energy and just over a 23% increase in loudness

How much of a difference is 1 dB?

26%

A 1 dB change in a sound equates to about a 26% difference in sound energy (remember that a 3 dB difference is a doubling of energy levels). In terms of subjective loudness, a 1 dB change yields just over a 7% change. A 3 dB change yields a 100% increase in sound energy and just over a 23% increase in loudness
Thanks for the explanation

I have got the 4s recently changed from run flats Goodyear sound comfort, the ps4s are noisier then the Goodyears, but much improvement in ride comfort.

I just bought some Pilot Sport 5's

If you aint balls out you won't notice the diff between Pilot Sports and Super Sports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom