Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on W205 C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have the MP4S on the 507 put them on in May. They are much better than the Conti 5P. The wet grip is amazing.

I would recommend them!

Hey Grum, which estate do you drive ? apologies if mentioned elsewhere
W204 C63 Estate (in my signature) - sounds much better than any GTR I can tell you. Old ladies have their Yorkshire Terriers leap into their arms on a drive-by ;)

Wowww...... what was post 23 about, toys out of the pram..? not quite sure that outburst was required, but suppose that what forums are, people with views, ignite people with fuses, deary me, and it seems all a disagreement all over tyre traction...:) sure we will all be friends again , till the next tyre comes out...!

Wowww...... what was post 23 about, toys out of the pram..? not quite sure that outburst was required, but suppose that what forums are, people with views, ignite people with fuses, deary me, and it seems all a disagreement all over tyre traction...:) sure we will all be friends again , till the next tyre comes out...!

Someone broke the forum rules; the “55” engine is the best ever made and nothing since comes close;)

:( and you think that warrants the contents of post 23, ..? do you? "broken rules" such an opinion by either side, disagreement is one thing, abuse is another. Everyone has an opinion, but I thought that posts comments, for myself were uncalled for. it's not about cars, it's the contents of the post. But hey, its a forum, and these things happen, more the reason I do not get involved in this forum too often these days.

:( and you think that warrants the contents of post 23, ..? do you? "broken rules" such an opinion by either side, disagreement is one thing, abuse is another. Everyone has an opinion, but I thought that posts comments, for myself were uncalled for. it's not about cars, it's the contents of the post. But hey, its a forum, and these things happen, more the reason I do not get involved in this forum too often these days.
I made that post and I stand by it. You could have at least quoted it ...or better yet, just report it and let's get with talking about what question the OP asked instead.

Last edited:
Calm down everyone.

We all like cars/tyres etc let’s just discuss as enthusiasts. The 4l , 5.5, 6.2 are engines other makers dream of. Doesn’t matter what AMG you have, it’s bloody brilliant !

For my tuppence, these cars having north of 450bhp, it’s going to spin no matter which tyre you have.

Calm down everyone.

it’s going to spin no matter which tyre you have.

Not if you have Quaife Fitted ;)

Not if you have Quaife Fitted ;)

lol, definitely worth upgrading the electronically controlled diff that comes with the w205 c63s with a quaife... onwards and upwards hehe

Hi All,

Glad I found this thread, I’ve been looking online for ages but I’m stumped, hoping someone here can help me out. I have a 2016 C63 and it is finally time for a new set of boots. I’ve heard great things about the PS4S but I cannot find any that fit my rims. I have factory 245/40r18 fronts and 265/40r18 rears. I’ve looked all over but no dice.

I then looked for PS4 but can only find the fronts. It looks like the only ones that will fit my car are the PSS which are what it's had from factory.

Anyone come across PS4S or PS4 in my sizes? I imagine someone must have the same problem!

Had both on my old M4 and the 4S were much better tyre...

FYI BlackCircles offering 15% off on Michelins for next two days.... Code is MICH15

Hi All,

Glad I found this thread, I’ve been looking online for ages but I’m stumped, hoping someone here can help me out. I have a 2016 C63 and it is finally time for a new set of boots. I’ve heard great things about the PS4S but I cannot find any that fit my rims. I have factory 245/40r18 fronts and 265/40r18 rears. I’ve looked all over but no dice.

I then looked for PS4 but can only find the fronts. It looks like the only ones that will fit my car are the PSS which are what it's had from factory.

Anyone come across PS4S or PS4 in my sizes? I imagine someone must have the same problem!
Hi and welcome. lovely car, the w205 c63. real beast. good news at least that you can get MPSS as a fallback option. The MICH15 sale on black circles is indeed on but no stock through them of MP4s in those sizes

Truck Tires, Car Tires and more – Michelin Tires in theory michelin do those tyre sizes overseas but you may need to get them ordered on special and it could take a few weeks ... worth shopping around on EU or US sites or see if a tyre fitter like merityre or other can order them in for you. i got my winter tyres through that route

Hi and welcome. lovely car, the w205 c63. real beast. good news at least that you can get MPSS as a fallback option. The MICH15 sale on black circles is indeed on but no stock through them of MP4s in those sizes

Truck Tires, Car Tires and more – Michelin Tires in theory michelin do those tyre sizes overseas but you may need to get them ordered on special and it could take a few weeks ... worth shopping around on EU or US sites or see if a tyre fitter like merityre or other can order them in for you. i got my winter tyres through that route

Thanks, I registered here when I had my C43 coupe but never posted for some reason. Moved up to the 63 about a year ago and really enjoying it particularly over the last few months.

I did see that deal - price with discount beats every other site I checked.

The PSS have been ok but unless the weather is nice and summery they break traction and slide about a lot even with gentle throttle application. Last winter was tough and this one looks set to be a lot worse! Reviews on the 4S are glowing, very surprising Michelin wouldn’t be selling them here in all stock C63 sizes!

I found the PS4S in my sizes on an American site which filled me with hope but not even the mighty Camskill stock my sizes - very frustrating!

Ok after more digging, I can get PS4 in 255/35r18 and 275/35r18. Willtheyfit indicates a +3% discrepancy on the speedo which I can live with for the increased performance I should get.

Is this a good idea? It appears the PS4 is a considerably better tyre than the PSS so I’m trying to get it on my car somehow without changing the rims.

Ok after more digging, I can get PS4 in 255/35r18 and 275/35r18. Willtheyfit indicates a +3% discrepancy on the speedo which I can live with for the increased performance I should get.

Is this a good idea? It appears the PS4 is a considerably better tyre than the PSS so I’m trying to get it on my car somehow without changing the rims.

could also be worth speaking to a tyre fitter to ensure that they think there wont be any rubbing issues with the increased width but I think quite a few folks in the US have gone wider (usually on 19 inch rims though ) with no issues on the saloon on 255 f and 275 r
Wider Wheels and Tyres C63 W205 - MBWorld.org Forums

I know a few people have done it so there won’t be any rubbing issues. I’m hesitant because of ride comfort. On 40s it’s already pretty crashy but I’m used to it by now, just don’t want it any harsher as the roads around me aren’t great.

I think I’ll stick with the PSS this time around...

Hey All

Thank you to all that provided their own experience with the PS4s. Finally got them fitted to the c63s and scrubbed in.

Just my initial thoughts for anyone considering them. Just come back from a drive this evening with temperatures around 7 degrees and roads with a good layer of moisture following earlier rain. Rears definitely put the power and torque down with more efficiency. Dry grip is at least on par with PSS so a thumbs up on rears.

Not had a proper chance to work the fronts but seem to feel a bit more vibration through the wheel especially on the poor UK roads. Wondering if that’s just me or whether is could be tyre related, surprised as I thought it was a softer tyre than the PSS.

Also a thumbs up for Tony and team @ wheels in motion in Chesham. Great service!

Will report back after another 1k of driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelin PS4 & PS4S is a fantastic tyre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom