Michelin tyres and the 211 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris810

Car
W211 estate E 320 poverty spec
Not posted on here mich because Nothing and i mean Nothing has gone wrong or broken on my E320 w211 estate in the last 70k miles now showing just under 140k
I am asking if anyone has any reccomendationd regarding Mitchelin tyres for this model, first some background.

I have run two sets of Bridgestone Turenza on the car but this time due to an MOT which said i needed 3 new tyres i decided to fit an allseason tyre, i wanted to fit Nokian weatherproof but could not get them at short notice, so after reccomendation ( coercion ) by Kwikfit i went for Michelin Weatherproofs, had these fitted put the one good bridgestone into stock and went on my merry way.

These tyres were awful, low grip, noisy, and the ride had deteriorated to such an extent it was similar to my wife’s c class sport AMG estate. I had the car sideways, the tc light was blinking more than the indicator and to top it all my Driving miss Daisy wife had it sideways too, and despite the free diesel usage was now refusing to drive it, claiming it was bl**dy dangerous.

Before i took the car back to KFit i rang Mitchelin customer care and asked them how i go about rejecting their tyres as i was preety sure that KFit would not stand behind their advice.

After several visits to Kwik Fit and phone calls to customer care i finally got a voucher from Michelin to replace my tyres with four new ones of any type in the Michelin range as long as i returned the old tyres to them ( they started out intending to replace like for like, until i pointed out that whilst Reginald Molehusband in his Ford Focus ecotec would probally be happy with cross climate , they were not suitable for for anything with any kind of performance, and certainly not for the E Class Estate)

So my question is this
can anybody recommend a Mitchelin Tyre for the E Class W211 320 ?
What is the load rating for this car ? Fitted are 99’s which i think are my ride problems
If i cannot get anything recommended here i think i will go for a set of bridgestone again and get full snow tyres from Mitchelin and put them in stock

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Its a 2007 320 cdi v6

The michelin website is inconsistent it says the load rating is 95 then only offers 99 rated tyres, as one of my complaints is ride quality stiffer sidewalls wont do me any favours, the bridgestones were 95 and i think that is correct kwik fit dont offer as wide a range of load ratings as michelin do, however i can sort that, just want to know what their other lines are like

I had Bridgestones on the W204, and I can confirm that the ride was quite harsh (until I swapped them with Dunlops).

AFAIK Crossclimates only come with the higher load figures (I couldn't find 91 for my W204).

Unless you are particularly looking for all-weather tyres, you could opt for the Primacy range (Primacy 3 or Primacy HP) which are Michelin's 'standard' tyre range.

I have decided to go for standard tyres ill look into winter tyres later

Yes. I have Promacy 3s all round on the E Class Coupe. Quiet and long-lasting. Plus, they have a very good rim protection rib on the sidewalk.

Handbook says 245/45/17/95/w

I cannot find a single michellin tyre at that spec they are all xl this is hopeless i have bought unsuitable tyres and am stuck with unsuitable tyres

Premacy 3 are no longer available only premacy 4 and they are in xl

Apologies, in advance, if this is an outrageous suggestion, but is it worth bailing out of 17's into 16's ?

I know Brits hate small wheels, but the ride quality is much better and there might be fewer problems in sourcing appropriate tyres.

Just a thought.

M

I have thought of that but at the moment i am stuck with a set of 17in as a replacement for what i bought so in future yes but not for this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom