Micro Fuzion

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by sgtbob, Feb 17, 2009.

1. sgtbob

sgtbob Active Member

Car:
    1999 T C230K
    Thinking of getting a radar/laser/speed camera detector. Have been looking around and they are quite pricy and require quite hefty subscriptions etc. Saw the Micro Fuzion website, and the systems on there look quite good. Just wondering if anyone has got one/had one or knows if they are any good?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

2. postmaster

postmaster New Member

I have one in each of my cars and I think they are great. They warn of camera locations, including possible mobile ones, as well as other hazzards like school zones. They work on gps and do not "detect" anything so can leave you open to lasers etc. A usefull feature is that when warning of a camera location it tells you the speed limit and if you proceed over the limit it realy shouts at you. I paid £99 for mine -well worth it I think.
    Gary

3. flango

flango Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    Depends which one you are talking about this

http://www.microfuzion.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=MFZLAZUNIT
    or
    http://www.microfuzion.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=MFZUNIT

I have both which I am not using the first one is ok but alarms at all Ka band radar including automatic doors and temporary traffic lights which gets a bit annoying.

Second one is a re badged Talex unit and is really good, camera data base is also pretty sharp.

Also worth noting though laser detectors are useless, if they alarm then you have been hit and it's too late best protecting yourself with a laser blinder.

For fixed and mobile cameras I use pocketgpsworld speed camera database on my TomTom wich is absolutely fantastic.

4. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
    Aren't they illegal? Just a question, not a challenge..:eek:

5. AANDYY

AANDYY Active Member

Car:
    E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
    I thought you were on about 'Horizon' last night :D

6. flango

flango Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171

Bit of a grey area and it would be extremely difficult to prosecute as they are sold as parking distance aids, it just happens they use laser light and operate on the same frequency as UK spec laser guns and cameras.

This is the one I use, front and rear.

http://www.naonline.co.uk/parking/laser-pro-park.php

Tested at distances as short as 30m with LTI & Cleartone laser guns and they can't get a reading.

Not that I condone speeding but after several instances of colleagues being ticketed on motorways (Particularly M74) at 78mph thought it was time for some protection :D

7. SilverSaloon

SilverSaloon MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
    yes i have one. An excellent device with regular updates online that are free (if you choose the right device).

8. tony2311

tony2311 Active Member

just look on microfuaion website, they have a lcd one for £109 with lifetime subsrcription, it looks good

Tags: