Micro sd hc cards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Confused I am
My pc will read a 2 gb mico sd hc card when fitted into a sd adapter.
If I change it to a 4 or 8 gb card it cant.
Same problem with my laptop.
Both windows XP.
If i fit this card into a mp player it can see it ok.
But it I then attach the mp player to my pc it cant see the memory size of the 8 gb card but ok with 2 gb card

My best guess the adapter - had a similar problem - switched to a new adapter and problem solved. I know this shouldn't make a difference but it can do.

Other thing: check the cards that don't read are in the same format as the 2GB card.

Mike

Edit: you may have solved the problem in the question - there aren't any 2.0GB SDHC cards, the only crossover (SD and SDHC) size is 4.0GB - so guessing the 2.0GB is not HC? Don't confuse HC with high speed superlative nomenclature added as marketing speak. If this is the case then the card readers the adapter is being inserted in won't be SDHC standard.

Last edited:
Strange thing is , it can read a 2 gb version but not a 4 or 8.
I will get a usb adapter reader and try that.

2GB isnt sdhc... 4gb is.

As others have said, make sure your card reader supports the sdhc format.

I suppose now is not the time to mention SDXC ?

Mike

Go on, tell us. Always useful to know.

SDHC cards have a practical (the theoretical is much larger) capacity limit of 32GB.

SDXC (same form factor) - just announced so not on the market yet - will be up to 2TB (2048 GB). I believe the first SDXC will be 32GB, so obviously will take some time to get to 2 terabyte.

I am making no comment about the usefulness or requirement of these high capacity cards - a friend of mine still reminds of the day I told him 100MB (yes mega) was too large for his PC......

Mike

Sorted
Bought a usb to micro sd hc card converter and can now see card
took a minute or so for pc to install driver now here we go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom