Microsoft to buy Yahoo???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
heard a tale of a rumour today from an American firm of Stockbrokers hoping to entice me into buying 1000 shares in yahoo @$33 each . I didnt bother but the story is being put about, it seems, that Microsoft are seeking to put an offer on the table to buy Yahoo so they can compete with Google . The idea is to drive up the Yahoo share price by way of massive institutional buying , reckoning that they will rise to $45 plus in 2 weeks.
Any one here heard anythng ?

I only spoke to my wall street broker yesterday and he did not mention it.

Who is the broker?

Yahoo is powered by google so I dont see how it could ever be threat to google?

If it is a good tip go for it with a 2% stock loss @ at 1.80 to GBP not much to lose and worth the risk.

I keep getting pestered by these different wall street guys - they have my firm confused with a similar named one but significantly larger that must be on some hot list or other. They dont give up! I told them the last shares I bought were British Gas .. 20+ years ago or so . the patter is always the same a short intro , wanting to send me info to which I agree to accept but then never ever arrives. I think they are using me for telesales practise. I hung up the guy today as he wouldnt take no for an answer.

KillerHERTZ said:

Is it??? I thought yahoo's database was about twice the size of google's....

The guy I deal with pestered me for years until I give in, an old US friend had given him my number. I have to say they love making money on Wall Street which was refreshing after using Phillips in the UK. Why not test the water with say a 1k if your worried and see how they do.

The rumour has been around for ever I think what he was talking about was trumping up.

KillerHERTZ said:
Yahoo bought Overture who are probably Google's main Pay Per Click rival. Not surprisingly Yahoo now display Overture 'Sponsored Links' rather than Google's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom