Microwave Brackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitey

Car
Seat Arosa 1.4 Auto :-(
Hmmm

I've just put up a microwave bracket to make some space for a little while.

65KG rated, holding a 28KG microwave.

Whilst it's solid, I'm half expecting to hear a crash tonight !

Anyone else got one ?

Chris

We just put up some standard-looking shelf brackets, it's held up well for at least a year so far.

Now *I'm* expecting to hear a crash tonight sometime ;)

We put it below the worktop...in a purpose built unit...I hate seeing thye things.

I have NO worktops in the house at the moment, so it was right in the way !

Slightly OT, we've had a microwave fireplace put in the lounge, and it's brilliant. You can can have an evening in front of the fire, and it only takes six minutes.

Hmmm

I've just put up a microwave bracket to make some space for a little while.

65KG rated, holding a 28KG microwave.

Whilst it's solid, I'm half expecting to hear a crash tonight !

Anyone else got one ?

Chris

It really depends on what the bracket is fixed to and what type of fixings you have used to secure it. :dk: Brick wall, plaster board, cavity wall, other?
Diameter/depth of hole, length/thickness of screws and fixings used.
Too many variables and not enough info to reassure you, but have faith in your work.

Yup we've got the microwave on wall brackets to free up a bit of extra worktop space - no problems at all.

Ive had mine on brackets for 2 years, £15 Argos jobbies

OK, 'fess up....is it still on the wall??:D

I had a pretty heavy microwave on 2 wall brackets like that for around 15 years.

It never moved until I sold the house and took it down.

It's still up !

:bannana:

You've not done much of this before? :D:D:D

Ikea kitchen cupboards, which when filled with heavy crockery would be twice the weight you're talking, are held up by only two screws. And before anyone starts, they don't fall apart nor fall down...ours has been in 7 years so far...and not a hint of a problem in any of the units (though the taps did break, but were replaced under the 10 year guarantee).

Last edited:
We've got loads of Ikea stuff (double bed, cabinets, leather sofa, shelf units, computer desk, bunkbed for the kids, etc.) and it's been great. No problems at all after approx 7 years of hard use. Some of it was taken apart and put back together again as part of a house move too.

When I was a lad my dad put up bookshelves above my bed. They lasted about a week then came crashing down on top of me in the middle of the night :D

Not exactly a DIY star my dad - he also drilled through a ring main with his trusty old (metal-bodied) Black & Decker ...

Yeah, I do a fair bit of my own stuff, it's just seems wrong for such a large appliance to be floating !

Yeah, I do a fair bit of my own stuff, it's just seems wrong for such a large appliance to be floating !

Although rated at 65 kgs...in reality it will take a substantially higher load (it could probably take your weight ...unless...). 28kgs is a light weight.

^ especially shared between two brackets.

I'm thinking more of the psychological aspect, rather than the engineering !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom