Mid brand tyre advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Guys looks like im keeping the Lexus over the winter and it will need 4 tyres.

It uses 245/40R18 Y 93 and has Yoko advans all round but at £200 a piece fitted the car isnt worth it (but I maybe) !!

I was thinking mid range Hankook or Falken come in at £160 and £140 respectively - the real crappy stuff (hedge jumpers) are £85

Ive never not bought Contis / Pirelli / Goodyear so Im asking have you bought a budget brand and was it any good ? or is its a very false economy

Cheers

+1 for Falken - fitted FK452's all round on the C270 last year, very happy with them. Only £65 per corner fitted - the joys of 205 55 R16 instead of rubber bands!

I use Hankooks on my MX5. A very decent tyre for the money (£45 fitted)

Kumhos - now standard fitting on some Mercs..

Kumho's on our A8 handling over 400 bhp without a problem in the wet or dry,were on for the snow last winter and it went everywhere without an issue, so would definitely recommend them:thumb:

Falken 452's on the CLK's :cool:

Guys looks like im keeping the Lexus over the winter and it will need 4 tyres.

It uses 245/40R18 Y 93 and has Yoko advans all round but at £200 a piece fitted the car isnt worth it (but I maybe) !!

I was thinking mid range Hankook or Falken come in at £160 and £140 respectively - the real crappy stuff (hedge jumpers) are £85

Ive never not bought Contis / Pirelli / Goodyear so Im asking have you bought a budget brand and was it any good ? or is its a very false economy

Cheers

Look on tesco tyres you will get cont's fitted for about £120

Seriously - which ones? :eek:

I was chatting to my dealer and he said he was seeing cars coming through with them on. I think A & Bs. I had no problems with them on my C. Just fancied a change this time so went for Goodyear F1 asymmetric 2. Mind you Kumhos aren't "cheap" any more.

Have had Falken F452 as well as Hankook Ventus Prime / Sport on a 3 litre petrol Saab and both were very good in wet and dry. Overall the Hankoook were better grip wise and certainly lasted longer plus they got me around in the snow last year which for a 200 hp front wheel drive automatic was quite impressive on untreated roads.

Avon all day long

Depending on the car , my Audi A6 2.4 Avant was wonderful on them but my Saab on Avon ZV3 felt like it was on tiptoe. Asymmetric tyres do not seem to suit every car.:confused:

Hi, got Falkens on my Cl600 biturbo,these were fitted when I purchased the car,I have had no problems wet or dry. Fulda are also good.

Depending on the car , my Audi A6 2.4 Avant was wonderful on them but my Saab on Avon ZV3 felt like it was on tiptoe. Asymmetric tyres do not seem to suit every car.:confused:

Totally agree with that one, Avon are brilliant on some cars and absolutely sh*te on others bit of a lottery really so I now steer clear:thumb:

Just fitted Barum Bravuris 255/40/19 100 index on my Vito, Very good, ebay national tyres, made buy continental.
No problem in the wet and seem fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom