Middle Lane Hoggers E-petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the dual carriageways just pass them on the left. If the police pull you over just tell them you thought he was turning right. After all, what other reason could there be?

If there is room to pass on the inside, then there is room for that car to have been in the inside, and was therefore in the wrong lane.

I see a lot of instructors who know very little about driving full stop, let alone advanced driving. I think the standard of driving instruction is another part of the problem here.

Russ

One of my daughters friends who passed her test in the last 18 months told me the following I quote "The left hand lane is the truck lane isn't it" when I inquired what numpty had come up with that gem of utter codswallop she said her driving instructor:wallbash::wallbash:

one of my daughters friends who passed her test in the last 18 months told me the following i quote "the left hand lane is the truck lane isn't it" when i inquired what numpty had come up with that gem of utter codswallop she said her driving instructor:wallbash::wallbash:

:d :d :d :d

I have to say that I have seen quite a few (far too many) driving school cars, with student under instruction, driving along in the middle lane of an otherwise clear motorway. Which goes back to my comment above about poor instruction.

I'm sure it is purely coincidence, but in all cases they were female-only driving schools, or female instructors. :rolleyes: :doh:

I have to say that I have seen quite a few (far too many) driving school cars, with student under instruction, driving along in the middle lane of an otherwise clear motorway. Which goes back to my comment above about poor instruction.

I'm sure it is purely coincidence, but in all cases they were female-only driving schools, or female instructors. :rolleyes: :doh:

Dear God Man what have you said. Run Corned!!! Run with the wind !! You may make it out alive..

Presumably these were people undertaking further training...having already passed the driving test? I presume they would not be displaying an L plate.

Next they'll be wanting to vote and then they'll soon be answering back to their commands!

HGV's are the scourge of the UK, get all the freight on to the railways. Oh I forgot, we closed most of the railways after Beeching. UK policy is a joke.

Russ

Next time you go shopping at your local supermarket, nip out the back and see if there is a railway siding. If there isnt, that is why trucks will always be needed.:devil:

Funny, but where I live there used to be a LARGE distribution centre right next to the railway station. Goods were transported by train and then 'distributed' to local shops and supermarkets by lorries. This system worked quite well and was much cheaper.
It was part of many such groups and similar centers through out the UK. This particular one was called national carriers appropriatly.

However in the 70's nd early 80's certain changes to certain gov policies and it closed like so many others.
To facilitate some of those new policies, and like so many others, it is now a housing estate.

I don't understand why people get their underpants in a twist about this. If the third lane is free just overtake and get on with your life.

On some sections of motorway the left lane is like driving across a ploughed field after a hard frost. Much smoother in the middle lane.

In the OP's opening post , the situation he described on the M8 is the usual one on the three lane sections where lane two has traffic moving at about 50 mph , lane three , more or less the same and lane one near empty .

I generally also just stick cruise control on at 50 in lane one and have a stress free drive ; if lane two happens to slow , I just continue past them at a constant speed until I come to my exit .

If there is room to pass on the inside, then there is room for that car to have been in the inside, and was therefore in the wrong lane.
The problem with this statement is that a lot of people are unwillingly in the wrong lane. If there is a truck overtaking another truck half a mile in front of a bunch of people they will naturally want to avoid getting stuck behind them so will change lane. After a minute or two you will have two lines of cars going fractionally faster than the overtaking trucks with often an empty lane or two to their left. They're not intentionally "middle laning" or causing an obstruction they are just trying to overtake something and not get stuck behind a much slower vehicle so have changed lanes early.

It's a bit like the "lane closure" signs causing massive tailbacks because people immediately dive into one of the open lanes leaving a mile of empty lane that could be filled with moving cars, zipping one in-turn at the point of closure. If you drive down this lane you are often obstructed by trucks, illegally straddling the lanes or meet huge resistance when trying to merge at the front.

Almost as bad as middle hoggers are the syncro drivers.

You are in the inside lane approach a car in the same lane as you but it is going slower than you. As you check your mirrors preparing to signal and move out .....There is the syncro driver.. Yes. The driver you have watched in your mirrors as they drive along an empty stretch of motorway in the middle lane.

He or she will will rapidly pull alongside you then adjust their speed to match yours. As you slow to avoid running up the back of the car infront, they slow down with you. As you indicate to pull out they lock their kneck muscles refusing to look anywhere but dead ahead. So now you have gone from 70 down to 50 and are running out of road. You give them a toot to let them know that you want to get out they give you the digit for hooting. You eventually slow to crawl so that they can get ahead and let you out. As you then increase speed back to 70 they stay at 50 until you are alongside them. Then....You guessed it!!! They start to speed up again exactly matching your speed. You are now trapped in the outside lane doing 90 with them in the middle lane doing 90.

Bonkers.

I wonder if those instructors are aware that certain classes of road user , including LEARNERS , are not permitted to drive on motorways .

I wonder if those instructors are aware that certain classes of road user , including LEARNERS , are not permitted to drive on motorways .

You can buy post test lessons which include Mororway tuition etc. Good idea unless the instructor is a hogger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom