Midlands Car Care - Don't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
Being a fan of the GTechniq products, I wanted a full treatment for my new car and researched a detailer local to the dealer.

Midlands Car care came up, and although there were a few mixed reviews the consensus was their work was good.

Well it turns out they are a disorganised and shameful setup.

No reply to calls, emails for weeks after the initial booking (deposit paid) until 2 days before the job was due.

Mysteriously they 'lose the password' to the software to cut the PPF film to size so cannot apply it before car collection - real reason I suspect being there is is not enough time to apply it because they are disorganised. Their Facebook page showed film being applied to a BMW that week.

Paid in full to apply GTechniq products (Crystal Serum etc) to car yet I am still waiting for warranty info after 3 months and as usual they do not reply to calls or emails, and now do not reply to GTechniq themselves yet GTechniq UK still promote them as approved Detailers on their website.

My car did look good, whatever was applied to it. But save yourselves the hassle and employ professionals you trust rather than jokers.

S

I've heard that you pay a fee to be GTechniq approved so may not reflect on their skills :crazy:

If it's any help Russ Aston is the chap that runs it an coincidentally I have him on my Facebook list from another forum.

Might be worth giving him a nudge on his FB page as Midlands Car Care have a page and no doubt don't want bad publicity on there.

They just delete my comments (albeit sarcastic) on the FB page. I have Russ & Harry's numbers and emails. They just either don't answer or make false promises.

S

Might be worth signing up on Detailing World. I'm sure they're a sponsor on there.

Gutted for you though mate, sounds pretty unprofessional!

Here's my experience. Paid £725 for polish & caliper refurb/painting on an 2 year old A45. After delays when they had the car and I paid for a hire car Russ advised calipers could not be done due to a broken ramp and they would book it back in once fixed. After a year of calls, emails and facebook messages and chasing with no response as final last resort took Russ to court for a refund on work not done with no compensation thinking this would be settled amicably. Court issued CCJ and court enforcement states Midlands Car Care has ceased trading despite a few visits. Still no response despite chasing. I'd avoid.

Might be worth signing up on Detailing World. I'm sure they're a sponsor on there.

Don't bother trying any type of "name and shame" on detailingworld, it'll be taken down very swiftly. I tried a factual report of the mess Drive 'N Shine Godstone made of my 968 cab 6 years ago, the post lasted about 5 minutes, I got emails from the mods telling me that sort of post was not allowed (same happened on the PCGB forum). Funnily enough, if you post praise for a detailer, it's allowed, even encouraged. I don't bother looking at that forum any more.

thank you for the heads up, i am looking for a decent detailing place as well.

looks like they have gone back to being a sole trader, less paperwork and hassle for some.

Pretty disgraceful that companies can act this way.

It must be harder and more stressful to ignore customers and not respond, it’s beyond my comprehension that some companies can treat customers this way.

Luckily the decent ones make up for their behaviour.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know much about said company, but on a general note when paying a deposit, or any other type of upfront payment, best pay by credit card....

Gutted for you though mate, sounds pretty unprofessional!
yep sounds really poor. it amazes me when people/business just done care. We love our cars why are people in business if they don't love what they do. They should go and do something else.

Check out Jim White details on your tube. Incredible. has any member used his services? Would love to hear

yep sounds really poor. it amazes me when people/business just done care. We love our cars why are people in business if they don't love what they do. They should go and do something else.

Sadly it's all about the money and 'detailing' has become quite fashionable, everyone seems to think they can do it! As for Midlands Car Care, they appear to be still going in terms of their Facebook page...

Midlands Car Care

Whether it's associated with the original owner although I'm aware he's liked that page as our paths have crossed via a couple of forums previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom