Midlands GTG - October 2007

Are you going to give the regulars something else to look at?

• I'm coming if it's 19 October 2007

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you joking? You hardly sold it to us did you?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
At the last GTG, having kicked tyres for a while, coo-ed at Shaun's tasy new motor, quizzed Steve about Caymans, reminisced about times gone by, and debated at length why night's out were better years ago, we finally got round to some very serious club business...

...planning our next Midlands GTG. :D

It was just before we left - thinking too hard made our heads hurt, and so you won't be surprised to learn that we decided to hold it in the good old Fradley Arms on the A38 near Lichfield. Oh and it will be in October.

It's midway between the hard core three - Shaun, Steve, et moi - and offers fairly good access to anyone from outside of the area, should anyone fancy braving it.

We pushed ourselves a little harder, and also decided we'd go for a Friday night for those that preferred that when debating the last GTG - all in a desperate attempt to coax a few others into our select group. We're hoping it will stop regulars in the pub looking at us funny - or at least give them some other odd people from t'interweb to look, diverting their stares from us.

However that was as far as our thinking could go because there were three of us, we'd had three rounds already, and a fourth would mean we'd have to stay for a fifth and sixth round in the interests of fairness.

So over to you - pick a Friday, any Friday, as long as it's listed in our poll.

I forgot to add that it's probably only going to be an evening meet - nothing formal.

If there's enough interest we may pay a visit to the kart track over the road.

And for those that are mad enough to drive from further a field and would like to have a drink, or maybe even take in the delights of East Staffordshire and neighbouring counties, there's even a Premier Travelinn on the same site.

It might have been an easy choice, but a darn good one don't you think? Karting and bed - the real world doesn't get much better than that!!

i can come either friday at the mo and im DEFINATELY coming this time! and it gives me a chance to get the AMG bits on the SEC...

Its about time that I came to a GTG but a Friday! No chance, sorry.:(

I will have my new CLS by then so will try and come, if only to show it off. But I will not be drinking, alcohol or staying anyway, I don't live that far away.;)

I will have my new CLS by then so will try and come, if only to show it off. But I will not be drinking, alcohol or staying anyway, I don't live that far away.;)

I look forward to it. I do love the CLS :D

Anything happening on this one?????????????:confused:

Is it on? If so which evening please? New on this site (I have an E320 coupe) and could do with picking a few peoples brains

Matt

Wouldnt mind coming on this one Bobby but unfortunatly a friday is a no no for me as im too busy.

Doesn't seem to be a preference, so without fear of making the wrong decision - which I inevitabley will - let's go for 19 October.

A few drinks in the Fradley Arms as a minimum. Usual 1930 start?

Not heard from Shaun regarding a deal at the kart track - is anyone really keen?

Is it on? If so which evening please? New on this site (I have an E320 coupe) and could do with picking a few peoples brains
Sounds good Matt.

Be warned we don't have much brain mass between us - but feel free to pick away!! :D

Wouldnt mind coming on this one Bobby but unfortunatly a friday is a no no for me as im too busy.
Andy, not to worry as I think we'll be having another before Christmas - that was the reason for picking an October date, so we could squeeze another one in. It would be good to see the new motor too.

It will probably be a different day of the week too. We also spoke about alternating the date to make it easier for others travelling from further afield, ie wee nights, weekend nights, and weekend days.

Is there a nice place over in your neck of the woods that might be a suitable evening venue? Where we eat might be an easy decision!! ;) :D

great! i was hoping it wasnt going to be the 12th as i have more wedding planning then!

So see you then!

great! i was hoping it wasnt going to be the 12th as i have more wedding planning then!
And you thought it was luck!!...

...I canvassed possible attendees schedules using simply the power of my mind!!

Nah, it was a lucky guess. I bet it doesn't someone else though. :D

Last edited:
Right Friday 19th October Fradley Arms.

As an incentive for more people to make it, I am coming in my new CLS 320 CDI. Rides down the A38 optional.:D

I am not interested in Karting however.:(

If I'm about, I'll turn up. I may well be getting off a plane at 9:30ish, in which case I won't.

PJ

Right Friday 19th October Fradley Arms.

As an incentive for more people to make it, I am coming in my new CLS 320 CDI. Rides down the A38 optional.:D

.:(

Me first :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom