Midlands GTG Sunday 22nd Final Details!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can i just echo what everyone else has said :-

A big big thank you to Jay for organising it and sorting out my A/C !
A big big thank you to Goldfish for the BBQ
A big big thank you to Alfie and Olly for sorting my cluster out
A big big thank you to Ian for my goodies
A big big thank you to Nick for some other goodies
A big big thank you to Doofus for leading me to the M40 !

And to everyone , thanks for coming , nice to meet some of the 'faces' , i didn't get to meet everyone , but there's always next time.

M40 was great on the way back , bit of traffic at Slough , jumped onto the M4 , then M25 and home in 2 hours.

Great day , well done everyone !

And to everyone , thanks for coming , nice to meet some of the 'faces' , i didn't get to meet everyone , but there's always next time.

Damned better be. Noticed you'd gone AWOL after watching 'Jumpers' in kikkthekats luxury bus..

Same from me! Thanks to all for the effort put in - it really made a great day.

And thanks to Matt for reminding me that I do have reason to love my coupe :)

And thanks to Raj for reminding me that I'd love a Mystic Blue SL320 even more :(

PJ

Thanks again Jay.

Today was great.

The lads really enjoyed themselves as did I!

I filled up with a tank full of your 97RON super unleaded with my 3p a litre discount and managed to get 100 miles out of a quarter tank.:D

Ian B W - I think the economy issue I have has something to do with the crap "Jet" petrol I have been using.

Also, as Pammy said, I think I have to train my right foot to be a bit more gentle on the accelerator pedal!:devil:

Thanks again mate.

It was a really good turnout.

When we drove in I thought "Sheesh, all the modern car crew are here!"

There weren't really any old skool mercs.

At least me and the boys were there to "represent" in my W124 and their W201 2.0 and 2.6!

Then JPSkiller and IBW turned up with their 300E and 300-E-24 respectively.

Great day, great cars, great company, great family for letting us use their yard "The Maneks."

Now, go to bed, you have work in the morning!:)

Regards,

KJ

It was a great day... i really enjoyed it and my family did too...

My wife is on a steep Mercedes learning curve! Accelerated by Dieselman explaining the theories behind corrosion on W210's...

DM - I think a lot went over her head but she got the jist of why your car was unique ;)

Just found 150 cheese slices in the fridge... some muppet forgot to put them out :( DOH

Just found 150 cheese slices in the fridge... some muppet forgot to put them out :( DOH

Just can't get the Staff these days!

So I take it that Cheese Sandwiches' will be what you and your mechanics will be eating for the next two weeks then?:D

It was a great day... i really enjoyed it and my family did too...

My wife is on a steep Mercedes learning curve! Accelerated by Dieselman explaining the theories behind corrosion on W210's...

DM - I think a lot went over her head but she got the jist of why your car was unique ;)

ok so she says to if you love her u have to buy her sl55amg so what u say:D
ho jay i wastalking to your uncle as it happens we use to next door to each other in nairobi kenya small world we live in.

Was a good day - thanks to all who organised, and Jay & Family for hosting. Sorry I couldn't stay any longer, but it was good to meet a few people, and put faces to names.

Customer: OK, if you'll put a full tank of fuel in it, I'll shake at £10,250.

Jay: Are you interested in Supaguard paint protection?

Customer: No not really.

Jay: GAP insurance maybe?

Customer: No thank you.

Jay: Extra cheese?

:D

Thanks to Jay/family and Goldfish for their sterling efforts

And thanks to all for turning up and making the event a great gathering of fantastic people who happen to have Mercs in common. Not just a bunch of car nuts! It was great fun putting faces to nicks!

Also ta to Richard/Alfie for the STAR work!

Last edited:
jaymanek said:

I'll give you three quid for them.

kbhogalW126 said:
At least me and the boys were there to "represent" in my W124 and their W201 2.0 and 2.6!

Oi! I was right next to you in my 'old skool' 124, and all you did was tell me my doors were saggier than yours! ;) :p

That 2.6 sounded sweet, though :)

Oh, and thanks to Gollom for the badges :)

I got home and as the missus watched me walk in the door she said "Yes, I think you probably are."

:(

many thanks to Jay & family and of course Goldfish for laying on a great GTG - and thanks to everyone else who actually made the effort to turn up - a great time was had by all.

Great to see everyone, and I got to sit in a 129 and listen to Ultravox! In my element!

I saved these from the people thread specially for this post :)

2601778836_b476aa1aac_o.jpg

2600949897_9030a18564_o.jpg

Now I think its time you found one of your own - you wear it well :)

Mark

Looks like cheese for breakfast, cheese for lunch and cheese at dinner for the next 50 days :devil: :D :D

The good news would be that if you can convince your wife to share the food then it will all be consumed in 25 days! ;)

All we need now is a few cheesey receipes.

John

Just cooking my sausages ready for work tomorrow ! ;)

imadoofus said:
Oh.

You're here, are you?

Sorry Gouda, I realise that may have sounded rude.

It's just that I camembert any more of your puns

Oh.

You're here, are you?

I' not in the garden of Edam, that's for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom