Midlands mini-GTG - Thursday 24 September 2009

Which evening can you attend? (You can select more than one)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
As soon as the children return to school after the six-weeks holiday, it becomes autumn almost overnight.

The air becomes crisper, the leaves begin to change colour, X-factor is in full swing, and the drive to/from work gets longer.

As a lad I had a new series of Krypton Factor to look forward to, but since it's demise we need something else. They're big shoes to fill but I reckon a Midlands Mini-GTG might be just the ticket.

The usual format is a weekday evening in a nice pub with a decent car park somewhere near Lichfield (Staffordshire).

It's a central location for the hardcore few who make it to most of our Mini-GTGs, and if it was good enough for the Romans as a major meeting place for travellers with the crossing of Watling Street and Icknield Street, then it's good enough for the MB Club Midlands contingent.

With the passage of 2000 years it's even easier to get to - there are still the A5 and A38 close by, but we now we also have the A51, M6 Toll, M6, and M42 too, so no excuses on access.

I propose that we go back to the Bowling Green hostellery as it has good value food and loads of space. Last time we went there there were enough people there not linked to MB Club to give the place some atmosphere and balance. OK I mean there was some eye candy.

Who's up for it??

Please use the poll to vote for as many dates as apply to you. We can use it as the initial roll call, so please only vote if you're more than likely or definitely going to be there.

Last edited:
I should be OK for any night.

I have to say though, I would prefer it not to be the Friday, just because of the potential ball-ache of the Friday night traffic.

Is the Bowling Green the one in the middle of that island?

Mondays have been popular but there was a suggestion that Friday might enable other people to come along, who might not on any other "school night".

Is there a date set yet?

I'll make an executive decision. Let's go for Thursday 24 September 2009 as that appears to be the most popular at the moment.

If a mod reads this, any chance you could add the date to the subject of the thread please? Ta. :thumb:

Please do the usual copy/paste the attendee list, and add your name - I'll start.

Might be a good idea to add car and colour to help people spot other members on arrival.

1. Bobby Dazzler - Silver W203 C-Class - DEFINITE

2. Ringway -Silver W210 E-Class Estate - DEFINITE

3. Nick - DEFINITE

3. Nick - DEFINITE
4. Corned - light blue S211 E320CDI estate - DEFINITE
5. Jaymanek - Not sure which car! - DEFINITE

Thanks Mods for editing the title to include a date - much appreciated.

Not got to see anyone this year, couldn't make jay's or the pilgrimage. So here goes!

3. Nick - DEFINITE
6. Timskemp - E270CDI - DEFINITE

3. Nick - DEFINITE
6. Timskemp - E270CDI - DEFINITE
7. SEM - DEFINITE

Last edited:
Sorry for delay guys... been so busy.. need to catch up with everyone

I've been meadning to text or email you SEM to let you know. Glad to hear you'll be there.

At Jay's GTG I got abuse about dirty alloys, and now my car's getting long in the tooth!! With abus like this I should quit the forum and live life in the real world. Maybe I would if I had any friends!! :D

Given that some are travelling from further a field, I'm wondering what's best - earlier or later start time.

I'm plumping for earlier though - so I'll be there for about 18.30 - food is good and cheap so if you skip tea and go straight from work you can still be fed.

I could be there earlier if need be - post what time you expect to arrive.

Thursday is curry night which means that you get a choice of curry, rice and naan bread for £5.99 and that includes pretty much any drink. Supposed to be good too.

Venue address: The Bowling Green, Friary Road, Lichfield, WS13 6QJ

Venue website: The Bowling Green in Lichfield - Official Ember Inn Pub Homepage - A Local Ember Inn Pub Restaurant with Good Beer, Wine and Pub Food. Ideal for Meeting, Relaxing, Eating and Drinking

Venue directions: The Bowling Green in Lichfield - Find and Contact Us - A Local Ember Inn Pub Restaurant with Good Beer, Wine and Pub Food. Ideal for Meeting, Relaxing, Eating and Drinking

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom