Midnight tunnel run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The G.F.P

MB Enthusiast
anyone heard of this?

they meet up in the middle of the night in big loud cars and drive through the blackwall & other such tunnels to hear their cars in glorious 3D

anyone been

at 2am you can do what you want and its dark

its not ment to be an illegal thing just grown men being children (and women)

at 2am you can do what you want and its dark

its not ment to be an illegal thing just grown men being children (and women)

Do the police have an amnesty for speeding at 2am ?

I'm sure none of the drivers break the speed limit at all ? ;)

Saying that , when i had my old CRX VTEC i used to love tunnels :eek:

Last edited:
Thats what I thought...

If the rules don't apply after 2am then you know something I don't?:)

The clips I have seen listening to the sound of the engine and gear changes I would say they perhaps are doing a little over 70 Mph.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE tunnels, My last car a bmw 330 convertible with a CAI in the Alps sounded awesome in second gear, noise with the roof down very addictive :)

Why does that not surprise me .... :rolleyes:

Yes, such meets are still happening. However, when, where and who's going are now never published on the internet (used to, but the police clamped down the activity). So it's inner circle only.

Cars run without rear no. plates through some tunnels, especially the longer ones with cameras.

I've been to 2 of them 2 years ago. It's 'fun' but not exactly classed as 'acceptable'. Still ........

Not quite the same as the quick lap of the M25 that used to happen on Yuppie nights..

We've done them over here. The one thing that is strictly adhered to is the speed limit. With a few Ferrari's, TVR's, and V6 Alfa's you really don't need the speed.

However the video thing can just cause issues. One of ours was put up on Youtube. A few weeks later a program over here called Primetime was doing a segment about safety of the Dublin Port Tunnel. The final few seconds of the segment showed the clip of the tunnel run. Voice over it was how "Joyriders" were making it dangerous. And the clip cleary showed a one-of-a-kind-in-Ireland supercar.

The owner of that car took issue with being called a joyrider.

Primetime got sued for defamation of character.

You dont need to speed, Just in low gear 2nd 3rd and howl it through the tunnel, So not illegal in anyway.

You dont need to speed, Just in low gear 2nd 3rd and howl it through the tunnel, So not illegal in anyway.

Actually, I think that revving/over-revving your engine may be illegal... Nuisance noise and all that...

I used to love the crackle of my old AlfaSud reverberating off walls etc... and that was a puny boxer 4...:D

My mate and I used to run our 2 stroke 250's thru the Blackwall 30 years ago with the choke full on. Much giggling afterwards I can tell you :D
He on his peanut tank RD250 and me on the KH250.
Shall we say that visibility was somewhat impaired until the 'fog' lifted
:devil:

anyone heard of this?

they meet up in the middle of the night in big loud cars and drive through the blackwall & other such tunnels to hear their cars in glorious 3D

anyone been

Londoners don't sleep at night neither do they drive during the daytime, they go cruising in their cars all night. Don't you know that?

I was using the Blackwall tunnel one Sunday a couple of weeks ago, there was a loud roar(very nice resonance), I thought it was a motorcycle race going on. Then I noticed it a red Ferrari, made you want to have one too. Beware there are loads of camera at the entrances of Blackwall tunnel. Average speed cameras are going to be introduced inside the tunnel soon. 30mph speed limitation signs are already in place south bound.

Grown men being women - there are clubs for that sort of thing, a lot more comfortable than tunnels.

Max Mosely will be able to point you in the right direction......

i think some of you got over excited with the thought of being a woman (mmmmm my own boobies)

ive taken mine through the blackwall 5 times in the last year on the way to the O2 arena (prince x2, UFC x 2 & girls aloud) and its great, frank has his clk v8 430 convertible and he would spend all day in there if he could as the longest bridge/tunnel around here is 3 car lenghts long!

im going to get a few mates and do our own tunnel run, couple of scoobys, 2 skylines, 2 mercs & an XRpoo that is louder than hell and kept with me the other night to about 130!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom